Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair

7 REPLIES 7
January

Re: Hair

Hi Everyone

I am nearly 10 months post chemo and still hoping for hair! I have a fine covering like baby hair around the sides but the crown and top is barely covered. Has anyone got any words of encouragement? Everyone else seems to have had no trouble with regrowth and I have only met one other lady who has this problem.

January

elttiks

I finished August time. Been using simple shampoo for a while and am starting to look like a sheep!

nymeria

LOL - I am trying to find the humour in it all, honestly! 🙂

I guess at the moment I just look in the mirror and hate what I see. I want my lovely long hair back!

I am doing the brushing every day and I'm using the Lush shampoo bar that is recommended for helping regrowth. I just wish it would make up its mind and all of it grow the same instead of the horrid mixture it is right now!

Thanks ladies!

Nymeria xxx

janipi

I finished chemo in April and I'm a bit sad that my hair has not grown back the same as some others on here. I have a bald patch at the back but that is beginning to cover over now although it is very thin. I think I took my thick head of hair for granted and just imagined it would grow back the same. I don't wear a wig though. I'm used to it so everyone else will have to get used to it. This is the new me!!

Cackles

Just butting in to agree with Apolestreet. ?..My hair has a sense of Humour is very good..

applestreet

Hi

There's a thread on here, "My hair has a sense of humour", quite a lot of ladies have posted on there, that may give you the info you are looking for,

Hope this is of some help M

onestep

When I was at your stage my hair was very curly all over and fine and soft in places. To encourage strong growth I bought a Tangle Teaser hairbrush and used it to brush vigorously all over my head. Also every othervday id mix a drop or 2 of lavender and rosemary essential oils with some almond oil and massage all over prior to shampooing.

nymeria

Hair

Hi all,

I'm getting so fed up with how my hair is regrowing and wondering whether anyone else is experiencing the same thing or has tips/tricks to cope.

Basically it's growing very wavy on the top, curly at the back but the sides are poker straight, fine & damaged. To top it off I still have a bald patch on the top at the back.

I finished chemo in April and my hair did take quite a while to begin regrowing and I was prepared for it growing back a different colour (it has) and to perhaps be curly but not for this horrible rubbish.

I was so looking forward to ditching the wigs but I think I have a long way to go before I can! 😞

Nymeria