cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halfway through and really scared

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Halfway through and really scared

Hi, if its any help I found Tax much easier than FEC, as I didn't feel any nausea. Others on this forum have said the same. Also I think allergic reactions etc are rare, they just have to tell you so that you can be aware of this small risk.
I would suggest calling the helpline, I found it very good. I think there may also be help available for your husband. I wouldn't try too hard to 'be positive', just go with the flow and take each small step at a time. Even little things with your husband, a short walk on a nice day, a visit to a bookshop or library, can help to take your mind off things - at least we found it helped to do these things rather than spending too much time worrying about the bigger issues.
best wishes
Sarah

Highlighted

Hi Denise
Thanks for taking the time to reply. xxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Lexxie303

You will get through; I was like you and dreading it and never thought I would do it but I did - I finished tax three weeks ago. Make sure you have some anti sickness and painkillers, don't let the pain kick in and take the tablets regular whether you have pain or not, that's the advice I was given and it helped me get through. It didn't stop the pain, but it certainly made it more 'bearable' and if one lot of tablets don't work there's always another one so talk to your breast care nurse (bcn) or oncologist. Your bcn is there to talk to too, or she should be and it's not all about the cancer it's about dealing with it too so she should be there to help too.

There's also the helpline here, they're very good and will listen to you and a brilliant place to offload in confidence too and they offer advice if you need it.

Keep posting on here and you will get lots of support too; I know it isn't easy but as Tesco say.... every little helps....

Sending you hugs and wishes,
Denise x

Highlighted

Halfway through and really scared

Hi Ladies
I Had my third fec a week ago and am now due to move on to tax/Herceptin in a couple of weeks time. On the whole Fec hasn't been too bad. After all if it is doing its job for the future I know I should be positive about a few months of feeling awful. the thing is I'm finding myself terrified about the next phase as it sounds so much worse, what with talk of allergic reaction, heart problems etc and I'm starting to really panic about what's going to happen in the future. I feel terrrified all the time and am becoming really hard to live with. My husband has had two breakdowns in the past and although he's trying really hard I keep coming down really hard on him, which is making home life really unpleasent.
Any advice on how to calm down whould be great. We don't have close family, most friends have fallen by the wayside and I'm feeling very alone.If I try to talk to anyone I just seem to get the 'pull youself together' speach that no doubt we have all heard but is not only not helpfull, but hurtfulll too. We have to exist on benefits so days out, treats etc are not really an option and although before this I used to be an avid reader my mind is in so much turmoil that most of the time reading seems beyond me. How are you motivating yourselves and staying positive?
Love to all. Enjoy Sunday lunch if you can! xxxxxx