Haloven/Caris Target

Morning Lovely Ladies,
Just wanted to try and get some info on Haloven, side effects etc…
18 months ago I was diagnosed with liver & bone mets after an original diagnosis in 2008 …
So far I’ve had Taxol & Avastin for 12 months, which worked really well and all was ‘stable’… I then did 10 weeks on anastrozole and my tumour markers went up… I started on capecitabine and after the first cycle markers went down, but then on the 2nd cycle I suffered all of the awful side effects and had a dose reduction… After 3 or 4 cycles scans have shown my liver tumours have increased and new ones have appeared… Obviously I’m gutted as I was really hoping to be settled on a Chemo again…
My onc has mentioned haloven to me, which I’m hoping start up tomorrow… But just wanted some feedback please.
Also wondered if anyone has hac Caris target done?.
Thanks in advance
lauren xxx

Hi Lauren

Whilst you await replies do feel free to call our helpliners, they may be able to put you in touch with someone else on the same treament via our ‘One to one’ support services whereby you can chat by telephone or email to someone with simialr issues, please call 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Best wishes

Lucy

Hi Lauren
Sorry I can’t help you as don’t have any knowledge of Haloven, but have had bone mets for 5 years and now liver mets. Hope someone else can help you more but bumping this up so it might get seen.
Nicky x