cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hamartoma not hematoa

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hamartoma not hematoa

Hi Jojo
Thanks for your response, they said they would review after 6 months. I had two core biopsies taken and both were normal breast tissue. I was really pleased it was benign as both my mum and grandmother were diagnosed with BC at 49, I am 45. I just don't like the addition of 'probably' before the hamartoma on the letter.
Thanks
Max

Hi Max,
I believe they are benign tissue growths, they can be anywhere, not breast specific. What is done about them I suppose depends on size and position. Did they suggest any further treatment?
Jojo

Hi Max

Could I suggest that you give our helpline team a call and speak with them about hamartoma, we don't have anything on the website that I could link you to but the helpline team will be only too happy to help.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care.

Jo, Moderator

Hi
no the second one is ( I can't spell) the letter says it is possibly a harmartoma!
Thanks though
Max

Is it supposed to be haematoma?

Hamartoma not hematoa

Hi
I received my letter today from the breast clinic and I have been given a possible diagnosis of a hamartoma, not a hematoa, obviously I wasn't listening properly. Does anyone know much about these, and has anyone else been sent a letter with the word " possibly a" before the diagnosis. Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Max004