Hang nails/ lymphoedema

I was diagnosed with lymphoedema about two months ago when I developed cellulitis. I am still struggling to control the swelling by wearing this horrifying sleeve and have an appointment with a Lympoedema nurse at the end of the month, when I am hoping for, perhaps, a miracle. But in the meanwhile, as a lingering side effect of my (taxotere) chemotherapy, and/or an on-going problem with the herceptin I am still on, my fingernails have gone VERY bad on me. They have turned black, oozed gunk, etc. GP has put me on some anti-fungal meds and they look like they are slowly improving, but one of the knock-on effects of this (my side effects are having side effects!) is that I am beleaguered by hangnails. Of course that is freaking me out because of the cellulitis risk. Any tips on minimizing the hangnails and dealing with them once they have developed?
Quail

Dear Quail,
I can’t answer this from experience, but given the risk from infection and the fact that you are not seeing the ld nurse till the end of the month, I would give your bcn a call tomorrow am and ask their advice.
I am sure that there will be someone along shortly who may well be able to help you more either with personal experience or a better knowledge than I on ld.
Good luck,
Maggie

post deleted