2 REPLIES 2
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Hang nails/ lymphoedema

post deleted
marjay12

Re: Hang nails/ lymphoedema

Dear Quail,
I can't answer this from experience, but given the risk from infection and the fact that you are not seeing the ld nurse till the end of the month, I would give your bcn a call tomorrow am and ask their advice.
I am sure that there will be someone along shortly who may well be able to help you more either with personal experience or a better knowledge than I on ld.
Good luck,
Maggie

Quail

Hang nails/ lymphoedema

I was diagnosed with lymphoedema about two months ago when I developed cellulitis. I am still struggling to control the swelling by wearing this horrifying sleeve and have an appointment with a Lympoedema nurse at the end of the month, when I am hoping for, perhaps, a miracle. But in the meanwhile, as a lingering side effect of my (taxotere) chemotherapy, and/or an on-going problem with the herceptin I am still on, my fingernails have gone VERY bad on me. They have turned black, oozed gunk, etc. GP has put me on some anti-fungal meds and they look like they are slowly improving, but one of the knock-on effects of this (my side effects are having side effects!) is that I am beleaguered by hangnails. Of course that is freaking me out because of the cellulitis risk. Any tips on minimizing the hangnails and dealing with them once they have developed?
Quail