cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Lump 5 months after Lumpectomy

2 REPLIES 2
busyanne

Re: Hard Lump 5 months after Lumpectomy

Janee, I had very hard breast tissue after lumpectomy.  I have had manual lymphatic drainage to the area and tissue massage.  It was done by a trained therapist at my local Haven Centre.  This is a charitable organisation which supports cancer patients and others who suffer from life threatening disease.  It has been very successful and the tissue has relaxed.  I think it is due to the fluid which rushes to assist with healing after surgery.  Anyway try and find out if there is a similar service in your area.  Take care.

xx

June_BCC

Re: Hard Lump 5 months after Lumpectomy

Hello Janee1960

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very worrying time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

You may also like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Janee1960

Hard Lump 5 months after Lumpectomy

Had lumpectomy 5 months ago but now have hard lump where the original lump was removed. Has anyone else got or had something similar as I am really scared that the cancer has returned.