Hard painful lump below WLE scar under armpit

I had my op two weeks ago, WLE with reconstruction. Breast very hard at side and bottom. Very uncomfortable and painful at times. Have now hard painful lump just below main scar which is under armpit. Can’t raise arm above shoulder height in exercises. Has anyone else had this problem? Am very worried.

Hello Nurse Piggy

Welcome to the forums, this must be very difficult for you.  I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi,

It’s probably best to speak to a bcn about this just to be on the safe side.  It’s probably a normal part of the healing process in which case she will put your mind at ease.  After mine I found the exercises painful so I didn’t do them strictly. Bcn told me to take pain relief and push it a bit more otherwise frozen shoulder might set in.  Having had frozen shoulder a few years ago, I can say how painful this can be so duly did as I was told, and arm was back to norm a week later. Regarding the lump, I had 3 incisions and one lump is still quite prominent and painful to touch.  I had the op 6 weeks ago.  I’ve had it checked out with bcn who says it’s just bruising and that I need to massage the scar.

Hope this goes some way to help. Take care.

Jackie xx