Has any one had tummy problems since diagnosis?

Hi!
I had a second op in early May and ever since my tummy has not felt right!
I have said to doctors but everybody thinks it’s IBS due to anxiety!
I am so scared to go back to the doctors…why does getting BC trick your body!

Sandra x

hi i have had stomach problems since first diagnosed in may .terrible cramps and running to toilet first thing in the morning ,was fine before this .one episode was so painful daughter called ambulance had tests done and they could find nothing wrong .GP said anxiety .it settled for three days after my op when i was feeling on a high but now its back again .i made the mistake of googling every ache and of course it made symptons worse .Go to GP explain your fears let him help you x

Thanks Missy!
I thought I was calming down as I am about to start radiotherapy and nearing the end of active treatment!

My stomach hurts,gurgles,flutters and I am constantly windy! Sorry tmi!

My cancer was a grade 2 and should not have spread…but always worrying! x

My treatment plan changed after a micromet was found on sentinal node so I went and had a axillary clearance! The other 8 nodes were negative!

My predict test was shown to have not a great % benefit for chemo so opted to go back to original plan radiotherapy and tablets!

Having to make a choice over chemo was so hard! It was advised but not required!

Good luck Missy! x

Hi Sandra, I was diagnosed last week and ever since I have had tummy problems with abdominal pain and running to the loo every five minutes. This has been for a week now, ended up at hospital who put my mind at ease saying IBS. I was convinced the cancer had spread but it hasn’t, it’s just worry and panic that causes the tummy to be upset. I know it is very distressing going through BC and hit me like a brick wall but slowly I am coming to terms with what is happening and will be glad when op has been done. Good luck with your treatment and hope your tummy settles soon. xx

Thanks Neetie
It certainly is a rollercoaster and I have been through most of the journey! I hope all goes well with you! x