Has anyone been to breast clinic in Swindon?

I have posted this for new user Carol,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi,

Am just wondering if anyone has been to the clinic at the Great Western in Swindon? I am 46 and have a hard, painless lump. Saw the doctor last week and have been referred to the Breast Clinc there. My appointment is this Wednesday. I know I’ll have an ultrasound and mammo, but am finding it all a little scary. I know it’s good I’m being seen quickly, but at the same time it’s frightening that it’s all been arranged so fast. Will I get to know on Wednesday if it is the worst? I’ve been told to allow at least two hours - after the mammo and scan. What will they do in those two hours? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you very much

Hi I’m Lynda and 41 living locally. I have finished all my treatment in December and had treatment through team at Great Western Hospital. I know its a scary time but just keep in mind you have done something about it and it is going to get sorted. We have a great experienced team in Swindon. I went through this over Christmas 07. Do not worry about the two hours as its lots of waiting about. There will be several other ladies going through the same tests. First they do either the mammo then the ultrasound then you will see the consultant. At that point he will decide if you need a needle biopsy and you go back into the ultrasound room for that. I never had anyhone with me but I think if I had he would have told me what he thought it was more likely to be. I cannot imagine they would ever give you a definate answer without the pathology being carried out. I had to wait two weeks for my results and saw the same consultant.

If you want to ask any further questions please do so and let me know how you get on.

Lynda