Has anyone else found this............

Hello all

Yes its me again!!!

Just wondered if anyone else whilst waiting for the results had found they were experiencing little sharp pains in the affected breast. This has been happening for a couple of days now but I have convinced myself it is all in my head but I really am sure it keeps happening. I have also felt some pain in the armpit on the right side (same side as bc) but again have wondered if I am imagining it. I do not want to bother the bc nurse as I do feel a bit of a fool.

Thanks for your help and any advice.

Tracy x

Yes very common im afraid, even a couple of years down the line. Think its to do with the nerve endings meeting, or something like that! Maybe someone else can confirm this…

Hello I had my WLE in 2008 and only yesterday saw my Breast Surgeon and mentioned pain in my armpit ( i had node clearance) and pain generally on that side and she said it take years for the nerves to ‘knit’

rhi xx

Hi Tracy

You may find the BCC publication ‘Your operation and recovery’ helpful to read as it contains information about some of the symptoms you may experience following breast surgery:

breastcancercare.org.uk/upload/pdf/your_op_and_recovery_07_web_0.pdf

Best wishes
Lucy

It is very common-I have just stopped getting these pains and my surgery was in Oct 2006-certainly it is less than 6 months since they stopped.

Dear All

Thanks for the replies but I have not had any surgery yet…only had the one stop shop tests on Monday and the diagnosis of cancer due to return for full results and plan next week (9th). Never noticed this before Monday when the core biopsies were taken so I assume it must be something to do with that???

I just wish Wednesday would come round as the whole waiting game is destroying me. I try to get out of the house as much as possible because I cannot concentrate on anything when I am at home just want to be out!! My poor husband is being dragged here, there and everywhere bless him!!!

Tracy xx

Oh and again could be my imagination but the lump does appear to be a little bigger as well!

It’s probably the after effects of having the biopsy done.

Best wishes for Wednesday. Stella xx

I had a lumpectomy 16 days ago and my boob looks like it has a tan and is feeling hot, do you think i have an infection, or is this normal.
Annette

Annette if it’s hot and red see a doctor immediately, sounds like you might have an infection. Good luck x

Tracy, I had the vacuum biopsy and I had sharp pains and muscle spasms across my nipple till I had the WLE, and then the biopsy pains continued and were worse than the op pain! I also got bruising from the biopsy. Don’t worry, it’s really normal apparently! Best wishes, Lynne x

Thanks Lynne, was’nt really sure if it was normal or not as you usually get pain with infections which i have’nt. I will speak to doctor in the morning.
Annette

Tracy,

I had to wait a week from my biopsies to get the results. Its’s truelly a horrible time but I’m sure you are going to feel better once you get the results. Keep dragging your hubbie around, I’m sure he doesn’t mind!
Following the biopsy, I felt shooting pains in my boob and my arm pit was sore. I still don’t know whether it was in my mind but I was sure it was hurting when I hadn’t had any pain from the lump before. I felt very protective of my breast and very aware of the lump, I kept prodding and was sure it was bigger too. Best wishes for Wednesday. Oh and by the way, you look stunning in your wedding dress!

Annette- my boob still looks tanned and I had my surgery on the 10th Jan. It also goes very red if I have a hot shower. I had days when it felt hot and swollen like it was going to explode but never had an infection. If you’re worried, give your GP a call. It will put your mind at rest.

Lisa xx

Thanks Lisa
Maybe it is normal then, i am probably worrying over nothing, will still get it checked out anyway.
Annette

Dear Lisa

Thank you so much for your support, not long to wait now until I find out what is going to happen.

Thank you also for the wedding dress comment, it was July 2008 when I felt that life was finally worth living after 26 years with an abusive husband and Steve and I had finally found each other. Now this, how wrong could I be but at least I have my lovely husband to help me take this unpleasant journey.

I will let you all know on Wednesday what the outcome is and again thank you so much for the support.

Tracy xxx

Dear Mini,
get it checked out to rule out infection, but after my biopsy I got stabbing pains and swelling too, it was the bruising inside though, and nothing to worry about.

Just wanted to sympathise though, I got married second time just two years ago, similar situation to yours… Sucks doesn’t it? At least we have really good blokes to help us through this now. (((hugs)))

Good luck with your results

P xxx

Not sure if its the same thing but after I had my initial consultation where I was told I probably had cancer (which I do!) and had a core biopsy etc done, then had to wait a week for results, I had pain in both my armpits. It started about 2 days after my consultation.

I honestly think it was the stress and nothing to do with anything happening in my body. But if you’re worried speak to your BCN, that’s what I did and they put my mind at ease a bit.

x

Hello All

So glad to be back, its been a long while and the waiting has been hard but thanks to all at BCC for updating the website and forum for us to continue supporting each other.

Well, went for my results on Weds 9 March and it was confirmed as an invasive ductal carcinoma, 3cm could not at that stage confirm grade), it would need a lumpectomy along with SLNB. Return to clinic two weeks later to get confirmation that they have taken sufficient tissue away and if not further surgery to breast along with results of SLNB and removal of more lymph nodes if required. Once this is complete will start five months of chemotherapy (due to size of lump and my age) and then rads after that. So looks like this year is a total write off for me but must look to Christmas and the New Year with a positive attitude. Whilst I would like to say I am doing well I am not. Due to some personal issues last night (Thursday) I think it finally hit me just what I have and what lies ahead and I sobbed for hours. It had to happen sooner or later I guess but I now realise how frightened and alone I feel and vulnerable too. My husband is doing so well and holding me when I break down reassuring me he is with me all the way but I cannot get rid of this fear in the pit of my stomach.

As if this is not enough to be going on with I now have a prolapse of my womb which happened on Sunday so got to be referred to have this sorted as well. I think it is safe to say it is just not my year!!!

So operation is Tuesday 29 March, day surgery but I am in the afternoon so may not get home that night. Got my final visit to sign consent forms and get final results and have discussion with Consultant on Thursday 24 March.

I am doing my best to stay positive and not think too far ahead but to be honest all I can feel is fear.

Tracy xxx

Tracy
Just to say -thinking of you and it’s good that you are sharing your fear with us. Hope you continue to get lots of support
Lots of hugs
Fran

Hi Tracey

I’m going in tomorrow morning (7am!) for a further WLE and SNB. The margins weren’t completely clear after the first, and they also discovered some invasive ‘bits’. I’m slightly radio-active at the moment!

But I really wanted to reassure you about your prolapsed womb - I had a hysterectomy nearly 2 years ago to cure/correct that issue (didn’t totally prolapse, but was on its way). It was one of the best things I’ve done, and if you can have it done vaginally the healing is much faster.

Good luck.

Tracy, at this stage sometimes a bloody good weep is just what is required. Don’t feel guilty about soaking your husband’s shoulder, that’s what the “in sickness and in health” bit was for. Now while you’re still not in posession of the full picture is probably the scariest bit, and the bit where you do the most extreme emotions, so you are not odd, and you most certainly are not alone as we’ve all been there. That fear will come under control when you have a better set of results because then at least you’ll know what you’re dealing with. I won’t say it goes away, but it certainly becomes more deal-with-able.

Just wanted to send you some hugs, and feel free to cry on all our collective shoulders if you don’t want to burden your OH.

CM
x

To each and everyone of you…thank you…it helps x