71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had a lump appear during chemo?

1 REPLY 1
BonitaE_BCC

Re: Has anyone else had a lump appear during chemo?

Hi Buster,

Thank you for sharing your story. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always use our Ask the Nurse service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Buster

Has anyone else had a lump appear during chemo?

Hello,

I had 4.6mm tumor removed in July 2016. Lumpectomy, but the surgeons knew they needed to go back in after chemo to get clear margins. Triple negative, clear nodes. Had 6 rounds of FECT, during which a cyst-like lump grew from biopsy site, which the surgeon thought was non-cancerous. Had surgery 3 weeks ago to get margins and remove lump from biopsy site. Told today that both the margins and the lump were cancerous. It's all been removed now, but I am very worried that the chemo hasn't worked and that the cancer will therefore spead. I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience. I'm seeing the oncologist next week, but in the meantime, I can't concentrate on anything, as I'm so scared.