Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms?

I have been unwell for over 6 months now and although I have family history of BC - my mother was first diagnosed with BC at 35 and died at 46, having had it in both breasts over the ten years, and then secondaries - I have assumed that it is nothing to do with BC as my symptoms don’t include the typical symptoms of BC and my blood tests have all been clear except for antibodies fighting something or other in my body. The symptoms include fatigue, pain, generally feeling unwell etc. and things like fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue have been mentioned but not diagnosed. Anti-inflammatory tablets are helping with the pain except for the right arm - here there is a constant dragging sensation in the armpit, pain and numbness in the arm and pain and difficulty in function of the hand.  It is tender along the right side of the breast bone too. Am I right to accept that this is not anything related to my cancer  risk or has anyone had similar symptoms that have been related to cancer?  Many thanks. 

Hi conijoni,

I’m sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to offer their support and knowledge, but could I suggest you give our helpline team a ring and have a chat, they’re here to support you.  Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2.  As it’s Thursday evening you might also like to join in Live Chat, there’s a nurse facilitating where you can ask your questions.  Live chat starts at 8.30 p.m. tonight and runs for an hour.  I’ve put you the link below if you’d like to join in.

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/live-chat?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=Promo&%3Butm_campaign=live_chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Have you been referred to a breast care centre? You need some reassurance one way or the other, and there’s no point in delaying getting rid of your anxiety. I’m not clear whether your doctor has said there is no need for a referral, but I would be inclined to insist, especially with a family history. I’m not sure that any of my symptoms were necessarily ‘typical’, but I could make a list of things that in retrospect could probably be assigned to my cancer. Do insists on getting yourself throughly checked. Good luck!

Appointment today - feeling nervous. Seems to be some swelling in the armpit now. 

First of three hospital appointments this week - breast clinic, rheumatologist and neurology - hopefully get some answers along the way.