72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had advice re alcoholic drinks?

5 REPLIES 5
rosie14

Re: Has anyone had advice re alcoholic drinks?

Thanks Lee I wouldn't have wanted it the first few days following chemo anyway. I think you have to give yourself a little of what you fancy with all we have to undergo! x
Leelaloo

Hi there,

I too had wine when I was having chemo.  Nobody said anything to me about not having any and it did seem to keep me feeling 'normal'.  Well as normal as you could feel whilst having chemo. 🙂

My best advice is to try and keep to your normal routine as much as you can.

Good luck,

Lee XX

Rowan44

Yes I have had the odd glass of wine and like I say vodka and coke at weekend with no detriment you can live but just go steady 🙂
rosie14

Oh this is good news I have not had any for 3 weeks now. I don't have a problem with my liver!
Rowan44

All things in moderation you can have alcohol as long as you aren't having problems with liver function . My unit advises no alcohol for 48 hours after chemo then drink within the normal safe limits so the odd social glass of wine etc will not hurt I just make sure I have more alcohol free days than I would otherwise 🙂 still have one or two vodkas at the weekend tho !! 🙂
rosie14

Has anyone had advice re alcoholic drinks?

Hi all just wondering if anyone has had any advice re alcohol during chemo. Obviously most days it is the last thing you want but it is rather a bummer socilaising with your diet coke or water on top of everything else!!!