71226members
374195posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had babies after hormone treatment??

8 REPLIES 8
emmap1000

Re: Has anyone had babies after hormone treatment??

Hi Kelly

Your message struck a real chord. I was also 34 when i was diagnosed in 2007. My partner and i were just thinking about starting a family before the diagnosis. I'm also on tamoxifen and zoladex. It was good to hear some positive stories about people having children after all the drugs. Thanks for posting the question.

Good Luck and I hope things went okay with the results.

Em

sbrill

Hi Kelly. I am 36 and was diagnosed new years eve just gone. My partner and I started a cycle of IVF yesterday as am hoping to freeze some embryos prior to starting my chemo on March 11th. The timelines are so tight so only allowed one shot at the IVF but hopefully it will give me a small chance of having babies if the chemo permanently damages my fertility. As like you, after chemo, rads and Tamoxifen (for 2 years because of my desire to have children), I will be 39 when I can start trying. I even considered refusing any further treatment because of the fertility issue but figure if I'm meant to have children then that will happen. I just need to believe, as we all do, that we will be one of the 50% who don't loose their fertility. I have wanted children for as long as I can remember so must believe that will happen. I'm with you all the way. Take care. Suzy

suzan

well done you have got through today lets keep everything crossed for the results take care love suzan x

princess18

Hi Suzan,

thank you so much for thinking of me and your kind words. Well I surprised myself and survived the dreaded MRI scan! With a lot of help from Lily Allen I must say, I can't take all the credit!

Just gotta wait and see whats what now really. I'll start worrying about the results tomorrow, but for now I'm revelling in the fact that I surpassed all my estimations!

Take care and thanks again,

'speak' soon,

Kelly
-x-

hdudley

Dear Kelly,

Don't give up hope but do get on with your life. I was diagnosed in Mar 07 with BC and in Mar 08 was diagnosed with secondaries in my spinedd. Had the full works treatmentwise including a bout of tamoxifen and zometa and fell pregnant in July last year. I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and hoping to deliver a healthy baby in 4-6 weeks time... I'm really happy to be a mum at 41 years but also worried about how long I will be here to look after my child so mixed emotions and worry but still have hope.

Wishing you lots of strength for the future.
Love Bells x

suzan

Hi kelly will be thinking of you today I have been reading your posts and following your progress let me know as soon as you know anything I am keeping everything crossed for youand dont give up hope on a future baby best wishes love suzan x

princess18

Hi Suzan,

thank you so much for your post. I'm relieved to hear thats its not totally out of the question to think I could conceive once I've finished the Tamoxifen. Congrats on the birth of your baby boy, he must've come as a bit of a shock! A nice surprise though of course.

I'm sorry to hear you've just had a reccurrence and I hope you're doing ok post treatment. I am being investigated for poss bone mets at the mo so on tenterhooks right now!

Thanks again for your positive post,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

suzan

hi kelly I was diagnosed at 39 already had three children but after 4 years while on tamoxifen I was pregnant, had a lovely baby boy perfectly healthy, and I was 44 so dont give up hope just yet. I have just had a reccurence in the same brteast after 18 years and had a mastectomy and chemo but pregnancy does not increse your chances of a reccurence, also breast fed on the good breast and it was enormous full up with milk but it did the work of two breasts,when I went to the clinic for cancer check ups the patients all thought they were at antenatal. good luck but believe it and it will happen best wishes love suzan

princess18

Has anyone had babies after hormone treatment??

Hi all,

I was 34 when I was diagnosed with bc in 2007, at that time having babies was on our 'to do' list but we had not started a family. I'm now just over a year into hormone treatment (Tamoxifen & Zoladex). I have 1 year left on Zoladex and almost 4 on Tamoxifen. When all thats finished I will be 40. Perhaps a little late to start a family in many peoples eyes, but the earliest poss chance in our eyes.

My question is, has anyone successfully conceived after chemo and subsequent hormone therapy? The thought of never being able to have children is not one which I wish to comprehend.

Positive stories are most welcome!!

Take care all,

Kelly
-x-