71.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had implants who has small breasts?

4 REPLIES 4
breastfriend

Re: Has anyone had implants who has small breasts?

Hi Nelly,

How did the op go? I have the same problem but could also oped for the diep. Any advice? Are you having the other side built up with an implant to match. I'm finding it hard to make a decision.

x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi NellyB. Have you had your surgery yet? I know what you mean about two balls on your chest - the photos I saw made me feel really down, to say the least. I am relatively small breasted and have opted to have immediate reconstruction with an LD flap plus implant following a left MX in a couple of weeks' time. As I understand it, the smaller your cup size, the less need there is for an implant if you have an LD flap.  I'd like to have totally autologous tissue used, with no implant, but apparently I'm not fat enough unless I want to go down a cup size or two. In other words, I believe that you can have an LD reconstruction without implants if you are small breasted, no matter how litttle weight you carry. If you want bigger cups, then they can add an implant. Good luck!

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Z x

My bcn showed me pictures, but none of the women had implants with an A cup size. 

When i went for my pre-op, my surgeon tried to show me what my breast will look like, which was 2 small balls in my chest. No droop, no breast-like qualities 😞 

They really dont want me to enlarge either so i'm not having an expander.

I could cry, whats the point in going through more surgery to look like i have to small balls on my chest!!

Zuleika

Yes I have ! I'm a 32a and had a mx with tissue expander on left side, 6 weeks ago. Like you, I wondered if it was worth it. I can honestly say that it was, although it was tough at times. Cosmetically, it looks great and matches my good breast very well. I now have to. Decide if I have the expander inflated a bit more, which will mean I will need an implant on the good side.
It's very difficult to imagine what you will look like after, but I do think that I would have looked very different with just the mx. Good luck, you could ask your bc nurse to show you some photos, which mine did, it really helped.
Best wishes Z
Guest user
Not applicable

Has anyone had implants who has small breasts?

Hi everyone, im having implants in a couple of weeks.

They really rushed my appointment through & i didnt really know which kind of surgery to have. I dont think i have enough tissue on my back (or stomach) so i'm going for implants.

Now im worried that i'll look like i have 2 balls stuck under my top! I have a 34a chest used to be 34aa. I cant find any pictures of women who have had such small implants.

Am i gonna look alright?

Might aswell not have reconstruction at all.