71.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had lipofilling / lipomodelling as the sole reconstruction technique?

2 REPLIES 2
Julia

Re: Has anyone had lipofilling / lipomodelling as the sole reconstruction technique?

Hi, I had a mastectomy in May last year and like you was advised to just have lipomodelling without an implant as my size was 34B cup.  My surgeon expected it to be one session.  I had this done in September and very quickly there was reabsorption of I would say about 50%.  I have been left with a very small breast but there is some shape there and a slight cleavage.  I am booked to have another op for lipomodelling at the end of this month.  The surgeon is hopeful that should suffice but if not, we will look at having a small implant.  I am less confident of a good result and if you do go ahead, be aware that how it looks straight after the op is not how it will look in a couple of months.  I was very unhappy straight after as it looked like a hard lump on my chest but as the fat gets soft it relaxes and is much better.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Lizzy_BCC

Re: Has anyone had lipofilling / lipomodelling as the sole reconstruction technique?

Hi Marie_, 

I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

If you would like to talk, you can call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the procedure and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Marie_

Has anyone had lipofilling / lipomodelling as the sole reconstruction technique?

Hi, my PS has suggested we try lipofilling on its own to create an A cup breast for me.  She says I may need 2-3 procedures to get to size.  I've now had a chance to research it extensively and although there is very little out there about this as a standalone process (rather than as a filler or to augment other recon techniques) I have some concerns.  Its not a common procedure so I've struggled to find evidence of good results.  2-3 procedures also seems a little optimistic given the reabsoption rates.  Has anyone in this forum had this procedure as the only method of recon?  if so I'm be very grateful to hear how you got on...thanks