71705members
376106posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had mammogram with Hickman line in situ please?

2 REPLIES 2
violetta

Re: Has anyone had mammogram with Hickman line in situ please?

Thanks Rachel, it does.
Cheers ,
Kay.

Rachie

Re: Has anyone had mammogram with Hickman line in situ please?

Hi Kay
I had my Mammogram in June and i have a groshong line which i believe to be almost the same as a Hickman line. I too was very worried and phoned the hospital in advance with my concerns they spoke to my consultant and he said he wanted it doing and to have a go. Surprisingley it was fine i didnt feel any more uncomfortable then i had on previous mammograms and it was over in seconds much to my relief. I had an awful feeling it would pull and hurt and imagined all sorts but it truly was fine.
I hope this helps put your mind at rest.
Rachel

violetta

Has anyone had mammogram with Hickman line in situ please?

Hi all,
As I was entering yet another lot of appointments etc in my diary just now, I realised that in a couple of months when my next mammogram is due I will still have my Hickman line in. Occasionally when it is moved in certain directions (usually uphill) it is pretty uncomfortable and pricks sharply...I think because of the angle it has settled and started healing at. The thought of having everything crammed into that glass tray contraption fills me with dread. Has anyone any experience of this and if so how did you get around it or cope with it please....all tips appreciated.
Cheers,
Kay