Has anyone had reconstruction at Livingston Hospital?

Hi,
just wondering if anyone out there has had reconstruction done at Livingston Hospital and if so by what PS. The surgeon i am under is Mr Raine if anybody has any info on this surgeon i would be very grateful.
I have to decide what type of reconstruction to get done i had my 1st appt with the PS yesterday and i was a bit dissappointed. I thought he would have suggested what would be the best type of reconstruction to get done, but all he did was to explain about the pros and cons of either the back flap including silicone implants or the diep reconstruction from the tummy. The problems i have are i already have weak stomach muscles so the surgery could make them even weaker and i seemingly already have a small hernia so again that would have to be repaired during surgery and due to the weak stomach muscles i would never have flat tummy which i was hoping for. The surgeon also said that the diep recon fails in 1 in 20 women so that is alot higher than i expected.
I also have shoulder pain and mild lymphodemia since the mastectomy in April this year and i am worried that surgery would make that even worse
If anyone can help me out on any of these issues i would be most grateful
Thanks
Lorraine

I had a tram flap at St Johns on the 18 Sept by CR. He went through all the pros and cons of each type of operation, but the final desicion is yours. There is no need to rush into this. You onnly had your mx in April. I waited 21/2 ears which was fine for me.You may want to let your body heal first. Do research on each type of op, this site has a match up service which is very good . Also ask your bc nurse they shopuld tell you some of the pros and cons but tbh only you can decide, The tram flap is a fairly horrendous experience for the first few days, the op its self is 9 hours and basically you feel as if you have been hit by a bus for the first few days but after that its all up hill. The other types of recon are a little easier to recover from. He is an excellent surgeon and the whole theatre team were fab.
I went back to work today for the 1st time, I may have gone back sooner but my work is quite physical with lots of lifting.
Louise

Thank you Louise it is reassuring to hear that he is a good surgeon. It is a big decision to make and yes i will have to do more research and ask for advice from my BC nurse.
I wish you luck for the future and hope you have managed back at work okay.
Lorraine

Hi Lorraine - like Louise I had my op with C R in Livingstone - in August. I had a MX with immediate tram flap recon. It was a long op - 11 hrs I believe and I felt awful to begin with, no doubt about it but after the first 8/10 weeks I felt much stronger. I am cycling, exercising, doing everything much as before, except heavy lifting - which suits me fine! Have faith in this PS - he most certainly knows his stuff and although he will leave it up to you which op you have he will make it clear which one suits you best and will advise you.
Hope it goes well.
Good luck

Thank you Sunflower it is so ereassuring to hear that he is a good PS.
I hope all goes well with you .
Thanks Again
Lorraine