Has anyone out there had lipofill?

Hi Ladies

Saw my PS yesterday who checked me out after nipple recon.  The reconstructed nipple kind of failed due to a lot of bleeding and necrosis.  I am left with a tiny bump.  She has offered me lipofill as the recon breast has a lot of rippling and is a bit of a mess.  She explained that due to re-absorbsion it will take 3 ops, this I have already read about.  What I forgot to ask her is the possible time scale between the ops, bearing in mind it is the NHS.

Have any of you had these ops and was it worth it?  As we know it is a long journey and I just want to look fairly “normal” again.

Regards Chris

Hi I had fat transfer from my thighs to a large dent above my implant - I am guessing this is the same as lipofill.  I had this September and most of the fat has survived - though I still have a small indent - but I will not be having this procedure again.  My surgeon said she would not inject the fact near the implant(even though I have visible wrinkling at times)  because of the risk of damaging it - and my op was done privately!  I did not have a lot of fat for her to play with and the result has been that almost 4 months post op I have still got a numb thigh - feels like it has been numbed with local.  And I have visible dents in my thighs where the fat was removed - definitely not a cosmetic finish!  The breast - whilst slightly bruised and swollen did not really hurt, however the thighs were black and blue and extremely painful!  I still have some pain in one of my thighs and can feel the areas that the fat was removed from.  The numbness was one of the possible side effects of the procedure so I guess I just lucked out!  I had my other breast lifted at the same time and comparitively this was a walk in the park compared to the fat transfer!

Hi all…
This makes good reading, I’m currently waiting for my 1st lipofill following LD recon in October. I didn’t have an implant so need lipo to “inflate” my new boob.
It seems like such a long never ending process just to get back what cancer took away. But as you’ve said, the only way is up. :slight_smile:

I’m now 10 weeks post DIEP and deeply disappointed by the result. I know my PS is very good and that the remaining breast tissue was fairly mangled but I had hoped I would end up with something looking like normal breasts albeit scarred. They are partly under my arms, there isn’t an even surface on which a nipple could be placed. I’m 46 and certainly don’t feel like a woman. I’m due to have lipofilling in November but feel very pessimistic re whether it can make any real improvements. Sorry to whinge, I have coped well so far but now I’m just fed up

I had lipofill in January and have been told I need 3 to 4 further sessions to sort out shape and size, but need to wait 3 months between - firstly because of fat reabsorbtion and secondly to give time for swelling to go down.  So am thinking that if you are like me it could be at least another year!

Wow! Thank God for these ladies and posts. Who knew! I’ve had a double mastectomy and really didn’t know how long this whole process really takes! Still with implants and doing radiation. Starting to look forward to my new normal. Its such a head game at times it helps to know others trials and tribulations. Stay strong!