Has anyone suffered from muscle spasm caused by chemo?

Had a really scary episode in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Woke up with a pain just under my boobs or should I say boob but it went right across where they would have been. I felt sick so went off  to the loo I came over really hot and sweaty, my head was on another planet and I was having a job breathing so I stumbled back to the bedroom and fell into bed on top of other half!!! I really thought the end was nigh!!! We phoned the out of hours chemo and got to talk to a doctor then landed up going to A&E. After about half an I had begun to feel better so could go by car. I landed up having 2 ECGs a chest xray 2 lots of blood tests and put on a ward at 5am. A doctor came round just as I was dropping off to sleep to tell me I hadn’t had a heart attack and was talking about my liver but I was so tired I didn’t take anything in! About 9am the consultant on duty came round and said they really didn’t know what had caused it. On Thursday I had a routine oncologist appointment and he thought I had had a servere muscle spasm and that they can be quite common. Anyone out there had one??? I haven’t even heard about them. My chemo nurse said he had known of people having them but mine must have been a particlarly bad one all brought on by the chemo. I am fine now but I wondered if anyone else had experienced one. It frightened the life out of me and my poor husband still hasn’t got over it!! Just hope I don’t get any more as I still have 14 weekly treatments to go. 

Hello, bill-ben, I don’t know if this is similar, but I have had what I have been calling cramps under my mastectomy area. I have had them on and off ever since I had my original IV chemo and radiotherapy, and at times they have been quite severe. They have gradually lessened in severity and frequency in the 4 years since then, but do still get them occasionally. I have always blamed the radiotherapy more than the chemo, because I know rads can tighten everything up.  I do hope you are feeling better now, and don’t get any more frights like that! Hugs, Barton.x

Hi Bll-Ben…not sure f this is the same thing but i’m on 3rd line chemo (eribulin) and have had what i can only describe as crampy spasms in my armpit on the ‘cancer side’. (have also had leg and foot cramp in the night which i’ve never had before). Last week i also had a lot of pain similar to what you describe but not as severe. In the end i had some gaviscon and it went…not sure if that was the problem or just coincidence. Was quite frightening though!! x

Argh my post has just disappeared I hate computers. Once again thanks for your replies ladies. Luckily no more spasms and don’t want another too scary! Feeling well now but have very wobbly legs but don’t know if it’s the brain mets or side effect of the chemo. You can so easily turn paranoid with every ache and pain! Chemo again Friday so will ask then. xx