Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried the Ladycare magnet for hot flushes

13 REPLIES 13
Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Has anyone tried the Ladycare magnet for hot flushes

I will watch out for that one in sainsburys!!!
Kittkatt

Only side effect so far is sticking to metal trollies if I lean up against them at work 😄

Kitt x

Jill1998
Community Champion

If it works it works and I guess no nasty side effects from it either !!
Kittkatt

I have to say, I was very cynical but just decided I had nothing to lose by giving it a go.  Totally accept it may be the very powerful placebo effect but since it works I'm not going to second guess it! 

Kitt

x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Kitt,would be great if it works.Gonna try it any way,wonder how it is supposed to work?
Kittkatt

Hi Jill, when I started using the magnet I was flushing day and night so I did wear it 24/7 as instructed.  Now only wearing it during the day and night sweats haven't returned so far.  It is really quite secure - only popped off once at the loo when I caught it on my jeans so no great risk of losing it.

Hope it works for you.

Kitt

xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi ladies ,I am thinking of investing in one as after 6 months of Tamoxifen my flushes are getting worse at night .Do you have to wear it 24/7 ,how secure is it,have visions of losing it down the loo !!!
Kittkatt

Hi Nicki, how are you getting on with the Lady Care magnet? Having stopped using mine for a few weeks my flushes returned so I'm back using it again and again seem to be having a good result.  

Hope it's working for you.

Kitt

x

nickif

Bought one this afternoon. So fingers crossed. Just got to remember to take it off when Im having my rads!!

Kittkatt

Hi Nicki,

I've actually stopped using it for the last few weeks.  Flushes stopped while I was using the magnet  (wore it 24/7) and haven't returned so far since stopping.  

I've got it standing by in case of return to the tropics .... hope it works for you.

Hugs,

Kitt

x

nickif

Ive been looking into these. Going to buy one tomorrow. Kitt, how are you getting on with it now? 

Kittkatt

Hi Annie,

Yes, I got one from Boots about a month ago - my Tamoxifen induced hot flushes and night sweats weren't as bad as some get but disruptive enough to wake me 2 or 3 times a night and embarrassing during the day.  I was very sceptical but reckoned at £28 there was little to lose.

Now maybe it's coincidence but I haven't had a flush in over a week so I'm sticking with it?

Hope it helps you too.

Kitt

x

Ash66

Hi Anniewol

I was given one to try by one of the therapists in my unit. I tried it for 2 weeks but it did nothing for me. The only effect it had was to wipe the hard drive on my laptop so my freebie cost £100 in repairs. It's still worth giving it a try though as I've also read good reviews. I must have just been unlucky. Don't let it near your laptop though lol.
Anniewol

Has anyone tried the Ladycare magnet for hot flushes

I am having lots of problems with the hot flushes now I am on Letrozole following a MX.  Am trying everything to calm them down and have heard of a magnet by Ldaycare that you put near your pelvis in your underwear and it is supposed to help.  The reviews look good, just wondering if anyone has tried it.