Has anyone tried the Ladycare magnet for hot flushes

I am having lots of problems with the hot flushes now I am on Letrozole following a MX.  Am trying everything to calm them down and have heard of a magnet by Ldaycare that you put near your pelvis in your underwear and it is supposed to help.  The reviews look good, just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Hi Anniewol

I was given one to try by one of the therapists in my unit. I tried it for 2 weeks but it did nothing for me. The only effect it had was to wipe the hard drive on my laptop so my freebie cost £100 in repairs. It’s still worth giving it a try though as I’ve also read good reviews. I must have just been unlucky. Don’t let it near your laptop though lol.

Hi Annie,

Yes, I got one from Boots about a month ago - my Tamoxifen induced hot flushes and night sweats weren’t as bad as some get but disruptive enough to wake me 2 or 3 times a night and embarrassing during the day.  I was very sceptical but reckoned at £28 there was little to lose.

Now maybe it’s coincidence but I haven’t had a flush in over a week so I’m sticking with it?

Hope it helps you too.

Kitt

x

Hi Nicki,

I’ve actually stopped using it for the last few weeks.  Flushes stopped while I was using the magnet  (wore it 24/7) and haven’t returned so far since stopping.  

I’ve got it standing by in case of return to the tropics … hope it works for you.

Hugs,

Kitt

x

Hi ladies ,I am thinking of investing in one as after 6 months of Tamoxifen my flushes are getting worse at night .Do you have to wear it 24/7 ,how secure is it,have visions of losing it down the loo !!!

Thanks Kitt,would be great if it works.Gonna try it any way,wonder how it is supposed to work?

If it works it works and I guess no nasty side effects from it either !!

I will watch out for that one in sainsburys!!!