75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used Oestrogen cream while taking Anastrozole?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Has anyone used Oestrogen cream while taking Anastrozole?

Hi Katy,

I have been taking Tamoxifen for almost a year, but after a hormone profile my Onc switched me to Anastrozole, primarily because I felt I couldn't live with the side effects of the Tam for 10 years (which was his plan). I was surprised when he mentioned Oestrogen creams, so I did some reading and spoke to one of the Nurses on here. My Onc said that the amount of Oestrogen getting into my blood stream would be so small that it wouldn't matter. But TBH I am not willing to risk it, even if it might give me short term relief of my symptoms. And the general concensus seems to be that short term use of Oest creams is OK on Tam, but not on Anastrozole.So I'm concerned that my Onc suggested it at all. Needless to say, I won't be trying it, I'm going to try Replens, and see if that helps.

Thnx for your input, x

Re: Has anyone used Oestrogen cream while taking Anastrozole?

Hi Jaybee, I was interested to see your Onc has suggested Oestrogen cream . I was using this internally ( not sure what you are using it for but persume same?). I stopped it immediately and my ONC consultant agreed I had done the right thing as my cancer was a hormone hungry one. Anyway I was recommended Replens to use instead by my breast care nurse. I get it on prescription and it works well for me. I was then put on Anastrozole and have been on it almost a year. Best wishes , Katy

Has anyone used Oestrogen cream while taking Anastrozole?

My Onc has said he'll prescribe Oestrogen cream for me, even though I am taking Anastrozole (because my BC was HR++). Has anyone got any experience of this and did it work for you?

Any feedback would be great,

Thanks,

Jaybee