Has it come back?

Hello, to be brief was dx last July had WLE, and finished chemo three weeks ago,
about 3 months ago had follow up appt with surgical team, they found another lump same side, after ultrasound was told it was fluid, had an oncology appointment monday, told dr lump had become bigger, harder and alot more painful, he examined me and found another lump in armpit, have an emergency CT scan tomorrow, so does anyone know if cancer can grow through chemo? or do you all think its just fluid? ONcologist said he is significantly concerned!!!
Thanks Anna

Hi Annamarie

I’m afraid I can’t help answer any of your question. All I can say is that I’m thinking of you and sending you a big hug. I can completely imagine how you must be feeling and really hope all is ok. It is such a difficult time and the fact you’re having to go through this horrible time again is the pits.

Thinking of you
Best wishes
Ruby xxxxx

Hi Anna,

I hope the CT scan goes okay tomorrow. If you feel you need some extra support do feel free to call the helpline the staff here will be only too happy to talk to you. Lines are open 9 - 5, Monday - Friday and Saturday 9 - 2pm. The number to a call is 0808 800 6000

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi Anna

First of all, don’tpanic. The initial reaction is always to panic and think the worst. What exactly did the oncologist say?

Cathy
xx

Hi Anna,

I’m sorry to hear your news, you must be really worried. I don’t have any pearls of wisdom to offer you I’m afraid, but I wanted to wish you all the very best for your CT scan tomorrow. I really hope it goes ok and yiu find that the oncologist was getting worked up over nothing.

I will be thinking of you and will be keeping everything crossed for you,

Take care

Kelly
-x-

Anna,

Please try not to worry - i know its easier said than done. As you say they did say previously it was a build up of fluid so it may just be a cist - (have i spelt that right). I will be thinking of you tomorrow and pray everything goes okay.

take care
Love
Sukes

Thanks for all the good wishes, i think the oncologist was shocked that the surgical team had just left it and not drained the fluid, and at the time i wasnt too concerned, however when the ct scan people tracked me down on tuesday to make sure i could attend friday (three phone calls to various friends) i did panic.
Anna

Anna

How did it go today? I have been thinking about you all day as I am sure many others have. Please let us know

Cathy
xxx

Hi Anna,

how did your ct go yesterday. Thinking of you,

Take care and let us know when you’re able,

Kelly
-x-

Hi, did you get my e mail naz?, not brilliant news im afraid, had ct scan, oncologist and radiographer said that although it doesnt look like cancer they cant be sure, and as it was 5.30 on a friday i will have to go back for an emergency ultrasound, and have a needle put in! this might be wrong but ive got used to the fact that this isnt going to turn out alright and let the battle commence. Im actually more angry about a little boy who screamed at the top of his voice “look is that a boy or a girl” several times in a very packed out tescos this morning and his mother did nothing to shut him up!!! when i explained to the brat that i had lost my hair cos i was poorly his mother had a right go at me, i swear i could have slapped her.

Any way thanks for caring, i know it could be a number of things thats wrong with my boob, but its swelling everyday and its beginning to hurt
Love Anna

Hi Anna

At least they aren’t sure?? You should hang on to that - I know they have to be ultra cautious but surely an oncologist should have a gut feeling if good or bad? I have been thinking about you since Thursday evening. What a pain about little boy!!! I would have been mortified if one have mine had been so rude, how annoying for you, especially that you couldn’t give the mum a smack in the teeth - would have made you feel better!!!

Cathy
x

Hi Anna,

I pray for you that it is just a build up of fluid and thats why its getting worse - did you have your lymp nodes removed as this could also support the build up. I so hope its nothing serious.
have you been given an appointment?

Take care and i’m thinking of you
Loves
sukes

I feel a shot gun would make me feel better where the little boy was concerned!!!Anyway anger is bad for us remember! anyway will keep you informed of my progress
Anna x x

Hi Anna,

More so than the little boy, I would be more angry at the motherfor having a go at you. how dare she, With a child you can still accept they are kids and don’t fully understand but it is the parents responibility to teach them. And as for her having a go at you well if you ask me she needs more than a slap!

If one of my kids were so rude i would slap them myself!.
Try not to worry and I’m thinkg of you.
Sukes

Hi Anna,

sounds like you are far more tolerant of naughty children and their horrid parents than I am! I swear I would’ve slapped that witch!!!

Anyway, sorry to hear that the results of the ct were inconclusive. I really hope that the news from the U/S and biopsy turns out to be good.

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Anna,

Have been thinking about you.

Hope everything was okay
Love
Sukes

hello sukes well after alot of scanning proding and poking its a blood clot!!!thanks for asking Anna x x

Awww just been reading this thread, thank goodness for some good news.

J xx

That’s fantastic news Anna, i’m new to the board, but am very relieved for you! :slight_smile:

As for the little boy and his rude mum, well she’ll understand one day… they say everyone will know someone with BC at sometime in their lives… maybe she’ll be more understanding when it’s closer to home.
Don’t let her get you down. ((Hugs)) you are fighting a great fight.

Anna,

I’ve just take a deep breath for you. So relieved.

I’ve read a few threads on secondaries that I shouldn’t have today and its just upset me.

Make sure they get the blood clot sorted hon!

Huggs
Sukes