Have fibroadenoma now another lump

Hi everyone,

I have posted on the have I got BC discussion but think its probably better that Im on this one! I found a lump in March and went to my doc was referred, had a mammogram, ultrasound and core biopsy. Went back 2 wks later and was (thankfully!) told it was a fibroadenoma and it was not necessary to have it removed though I could if I want by going to my doc and being put on a waiting list. Which Ive been meaning to do. Ive now noticed a much bigger lump on same breast a few inches away from the other one. I am definitely going to go to the doctors and request have both removed. But my concern is this. I have only just had a mammogram, surely it would have picked up the other lump? Im sure I felt all over at the time in March checking for others and felt nothing. Yet this one is much larger than my first. Do they grow that quickly…? After feeling relaxed and reassured Im now feeling a stressy mess all over again…

Juliet

Hi Juliet,

Sorry to see that no-one has been able to reassure you. I can’t either but just wanted to find out how you were getting on. I am sorry that I can’t help. Did you go to your GP? I would have thought that a mammogram would have picked up any breast lump but it might depend on your age etc.

Hope you’re okay and not stressing too much.

A

Hi there,

Thanks for your post! I went to my doctor (a different one) she couldnt feel either lump although she did say the first one must be there as I had had a biopsy. So she sent me for a non urgent referall. I was seen last Wednesday by the same consultant. He felt the second lump, yes he could feel it, but said it was “nothing to worry about just a lump”. And referred to my age (which is 39) Im not sure why he did this. I wish now I had asked what he meant by just a lump. I would have more peace of mind if it had a name or I had been offered a scan. So I asked to be put on the waiting list for removal of first lump. I had been told this would be several months.I was very suprised to get a phone call from the hospital this morning and my surgery is scheduled for Monday! Thats just over a week. So Im a bit nervous now. None the wiser for my second lump but at least one is going to be removed and I guess I will have to trust the consultant that the other is just a lump and nothing to worry about.

Thanks for thinking of me
Juliet x

Hi My firsttime here I am nearrly 63 and after my routine mammogram, was re-called for a core biopsy, went for the results yesturday, saw the doctor he gave me the all clear I just put my head in my hands in relief as there is a history of BC with the females of my family.
He added the radiologist was not there that day, and if she needed to see me she would call me the next day (today) I was elated at the all clear did not ask questions and left as fast as I could.
Today I got that dreaded phone call, I could not take in what she was saying only that they want to do more tests next Tuesday, so I said thank you put the phone down feeling sick.
Then the anger set in, why did the doctor give me the all clear, why did he not say Carol we think you are in the clear but need to do more tests to be certain.
So I rang the breast Center and complained that they are messing with peoples minds etc, my husband was there and heard the news as I did you have the all clear. they took down my worries and said that they would get someone to ring me this afternoon. I have been so worried as my breasts appear and feel normal to me.

I pasted the floor for 3 hours the call came through at 4-45pm, the Doctor was so nice and caring over the phone, she took time to explain things to me, the core biopsy showed know sign of cancer at all, they need to do another test and x-ray, to put a name to the lump/lumps that are there they are benign, I was told there names but forget they began with the letter F and P I have read about one of them on here. She even said they dont remove them much now at all, I was told at the core biopsy it was very very tiny, and would have been two years before I noticed it.

I have learnt a lesson today a hard lesson and thats to ask questions as my husband said yesturday they did not say what it was did they. I should have asked, better to ask than make oneself ill like I have today. least I know its not cancer, but if I had not rang back would have been worried for another two weeks.

Hi there

I am 26. When I was 23 I found a lump in my right breast. I went straight to my GP and they referred me to my local breast clinic. Due to my age they put me on a lengthy waiting list to be seen as I was not in the high risk catagory. Some 25 weeks later a letter arrived at my door to arrange an appointment with the consultant. Two week later I saw him, 2 weeks after that I had a biospy and 2 weeks after that the results came in. He said it was a fibroadenoma with atypical pre-cancerous cells, have no idea what that means, just know it wasnt a more serious problem as I had found it straight away. So another week and 4 days before my 24th birthday I was sent to surgery to have the thing removed. Its now been exactely two years. I had found a new one about 8 months ago and have been monitoring it myself, until it doubled in size and once again I have been referred to the breast clinic. I am just waiting for the appointment to come through, hopefully they wont make me wait 25 weeks this time!!! I just wanted to say I hope all the surgery went well and that you found out what that second one was, even if it is benign its still a constant stress and worry, I know the last time for me was terrifying and I am not feeling so great about this one, the thought of having it out again is so stressful, my friends dont really understand at all as they just think you get the thing removed and thats that, but its the whole waiting around and build up to it.

good luck carol with your texts and x rays, will keep everything crossed for you - cant believe they screwed around with you like that!!! I have to admit my breast clinic has been very clear so far, i just wasn’t in the right frame of mind when he told me about my last results, you hear ‘the lump has to be removed’ then you switch off from the rest of the conversation and just want to get out of there, the last time I was very stubborn and did it all by myself, took myself to the hospital on all the appointments and even for the operation and home again, I ended up being off sick for nearly two weeks as well! This time I am taking anyone who will be free as there is no way I’m going through that again on my own!! Im happy you have your husband with you, maybe he can be your clear thinker.

Keep me posted xx

hi girls i have been posting on have i got breast cancer but i think i can safly come here now 6 months later .Found hardness no lump as such but my nipple had started to sink went to gp who made app breast clinic 7 weeks that took to be seen i dont know how that compares to south of the border anyway got mamo ultrasound another mamo then told come back tomorow for core biopsy i was in total shock kept thinking it will be alright 2 core biopsys later i was informed i had chronic inflamation we will send for you in 12 weeks for follow up ultrasound i had that last tuesday they drained a very large abcess that i didnt know i had should i have had antibiotics? anyway nipple still inverted hardness still there but smaller does anyone know how long it takes to heal i am assuming that it will sort itself out since nobody told me anything sorry for going on trying to make a long story short thanks bablicious

I was taking to my OH this morning before going for the other test, and asked him what the doctor actually said, because when I heard the all clear my mind went blank with relief.
He actually added I am 90% certain there is know cancer but the radiologist will confirm this.
I went for the test was not nice if I am honest, the things us woman go through.
I asked again about the last test, was told by the doctor (different one) my gut intinct tells me you dont have cancer.
I asked what does your gut instinct tell you what you expect to find, she added the lump is unusuall (trust me to be unusuall), and she expected to find precancerous cells. of cause I have to wait till next Tueday for the results, I have told them if thats the case I want them removed.
I explained about my mother and her mother both dying of breast cancer. so going to try and put it to the back of my mind if I can, got my grandaughter to look after so that will help

Went to the hospital today, consultant was very kind, he said him and his team had all had a good luck at my tests, and if there was any cancer they would have found it.
The cyst with the grey attached to it is there worry as they have know idea what it is, its the size of a chestnut, so with my agreement they are taking out the lump on the 4th December, I will only be in for a day, I am releaved I can tell you, at last I am getting sorted out at long last, it seems such a long time, but up till now only a month.
soon wil be able to get my ;ife back on track.

Hi guys

Im 22 and recently found a lump got it tested and turned out to be a fibroadenomas, another one grew really quickly and im just waiting for results on that one. My doctor suggested that it was best to get it removed as it was 3.3cm but it seems to be constantly changing, getting smaller than bigger again. Anyway just wanted to talk to people who have gone through it and see how long it took others to recover from the operation?, if more continue to pop up over time? and if anyones heard of any other treatments rather than just surgery?

Thanks guys

Good news, had my operation yesturday, and news is promising, I have to go back on the 24th Dec for results, I did originally sign for a second operation, but Consultant is certain I will not need it. Whew.
I had to be there for 8-30am to have a wire inserted, but it turned out that was not needed. I was booked in for the afternoon, it was decided that due to my other health problems I would be awake during the operation. I was a little nervous of this. but need not have been went down at 15-40 and did not feel a thing I had ear phones on, and my face was covered, they inserted a needle and said you might start taking a little strange, I replied well I talk crap anyway. I was listening to music, I could swear I was awake all the way through it, yet I do not remember going through the doors to the theatre, and they said I fell asleep, but I was listening to my Elvis cd, least I think I was. just so happy it all over.
the only downside was while waiting to go I spent 7 hours sitting in a chair, they dont provide beds now, I went walkabout a few times, then had to change in side room, leave my bags and they followed me onto a ward, they kept me over night, I quite sore, but very happy, not allowed to hoover or iron for a week etc :frowning: =)) cannot think what I going to do with my time =)) =)) =)) .
Compared to some ladies I have met over the last few weeks I am counting my blessings i can tell you. well off to catch up then bed to rest night night all xxxxxxx