Have my appointment tomorrow

Well, after six weeks of waiting my appoinment is nearly here. It’s tomorrow at 9.50 and to be honest I cant wait to get it over with. Since being refered I’ve found out my waiting has been due to my age, being only 28 they think I’m wasting their time and had no intentions of rushing me through. Since finding my original lump I have found a couple more lumps almost directly under my armpit and non of them give me any pain.

From what I can gather my appointment tomorrow is just like my GP visit, I’ll just have an examination and only if they feel necessary will I be sent for further tests but I’ll be playing the waiting game again for another appointment. I know it’s doubtful there is anything wrong but it still plays on my mind.

will be thinking of you tomorrow strawbs and sending lots of positve vibes - with you being young they quite often do an ultrasound assessment and if they can feel any lumps will prob biopsy them if they’re worried…take care, mary x

yea its unlikely to be anything if its more than one lump. i also had to wait because of my age when i was meant to be seen as urgent. grrr. well usually they do an ultrasound to be sure and put ur mind at rest. and if u have a lump theyd do a biopsy. but sometimes u think u can feel a lump and its just tissue or something so doesnt come up on ultrasound. good luck, let us kno how uget on. x

Good luck tomorrow - I’m in the same boat but have my appointment friday, thankfully despite having just turned 29 2 weeks ago I’ve not been dismissed due to my age, but similarly to you I’ve had other lumps appear whilst I have been waiting.

I’m not sure if its any comfort, but I was reading up about lymph nodes last night, and the article said that the likelihood of them being benign correlates quite often with how quickly they enlarge, and the quicker they came up the better it is likely to be (Really hope that helps).

Anyway hopefully tomorrow will bring good news, do let me know how you get on though, I’m just wanting to get all this over and done with now, so I’m sure you must feel the same.

Take care

Cxx

Thanks ladies, the nerves are really starting to kick in and my mum who was coming with me has backed out last minute so now it’s me and two of my kids. I wont have an ultrasound tomorrow, I know that because the hospital I’m going to have stopped doing them due to lack of staff so I’m not sure what will happen as I presume with my age especially an ultrasound will be required. My appointment is in the mornin so I’ll post when I get back home and let you know how it went and what they do. Just over 12 hours to go now…think I’ll have a little drink to keep the nerves at bay tonight lol.

good luck,try & get some sleep!!! after the drink of cause.
Will check tom to see how you get on xx

thanks hun xx

good luck to you all with appointments this week…

Theresa x

well i’m back and it was a complete waste of my time. Saw doc after waiting over an hour for him to ask a few questions give me a rushed 10 second examination and be told there’s no point in me worrying because I’m so young. He’s refered me for a scan because he felt the lumps but I’ve been told it’ll take 6-8 weeks for another appointment to come through and once I’ve had that I have to wait another 2 weeks for the results. I give up, no one gives a hit because I’m under 45 and I really dont know why i bothered at all because I still have this worry and it hovering over my head. I really dont know how I’m going to get through another 2 months like this.

Hi strawbstaylor

Please give our helpliners a call to talk things through if you feel it would help on 0808 800 6000 weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Best wishes
Lucy

im so sorry that they didnt do anything and that you have to wait so long again. maybe once u get ur ultrasound appt through you can keep ringing and ask for cancellations? its stupid because it takes like 5 mins to do. they seem to think because your young and theres only like a 3% chance of it being cancer they can just say ‘it wont be cancer anyway’ and you wont worry. they dont seem to understand that whatever the odds your still going to worry when you have symptoms. can you speak to your doc and see if she can do anything to speed it up? im sure it will be nothing serious but i know that doesnt help you. xxx

Well I still havn’t received an appointment and it’s been a week since i was seen in clinic. I cant believe they’re keeping me waiting another 6-8 weeks for a scan and two more weeks for an appoinmtment when It’s been 7 weeks since I saw my GP in the first place. It’s really starting to get me down and take it’s toll on my mind now. once I get an appointment through I’ll ring and see if i cn have it moved forward but until then there isn’t much i can do, I’ve spoken to my doctor and he said it’s out of his hands now.

Push as hard as you can, I was told the same and it was in fact BC (i was 32) and teh wasting of time meant it spread to my lymph nodes and i had to have chemo etc. I don’t for one minute feel you will go through that but I am alsways so sangry when Docs don’t just do a biopsy to be sure. I am fine now but i’ll always know my prognosis will be worse because they didn’t catch it in teh everty early stages when i first went so insist on it if you have to.

Like i said though this isn’t meant to scare you as so many people find lumps that turn out to be nothing but i just think if you are worried you need your mind put at ease - good luck xxxx

My appointment came through today, it’s for next Wednesday, 1st April. I will have to ring and change it though, it’s at 3.15pm and thats when I have to collect my kids from school. Being a single parent I dont have any help so need an early appointment as the hospital isn’t local and i dont drive so will take me nearly 2 hours alone each way on public transport.

I’ve contacted the hospital and my appointment is still on Wednesday but at an earlier time. I’ve then rang my local hospital to book the appointment for the results and they’ve told me the first availible slot is 11th JUNE!!! I cant believe it, thats 2 1/2 months away. I just hope everything is ok if i have to wait that long

Thats madness its bad enough waiting as it is without having to wait until June!! Keep ringing every day and see if you can get in earlier, how can anyone be expected to wait hat long!!! Take care x