Have you booked a place on the Younger Women's Forum in Bristol?

Hi

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Forum but worried about going alone?

Considering booking a place but not sure?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the Forum on their own. Feedback from previous forums has said how helpful it was to talk on the Forums before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Forum. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you later in the month

Steph

Hi,
I started chemotherapy last week, and am booked to go to the forum in Bristol. Hopefully I’ll be well enough to go - the chemo side effects are gradually building up!
I’m really looking forward to meeting people. Normally I go to quite a lot of conferences for work, so I’m used to spending time with people I’ve never met before, although ususally it’s for quite different reasons.
It’s a bit of a long way, but is anyone going from the East Midlands who might be able to give me a lift? I’m not sure about how wise it will be to travel by train. I’ll be going on the Thursday, and can travel any time. I’m based in Leicester.
See everyone there soon!
Elee x

Hi

I am booked to go to the forum in Bristol,sorry i live in somerset so can’t help with transport.I finished treatment nearly 3 years ago but i will never forget the ups and downs off chemo,just think positive and before you know it you will have finished.
I am looking forward to meeting people too,i am not the most confident person,but at least we all have one thing in common and as i am 3 years ahead of you i hope i can answer any questions you may have.
Look forward to seeing you at the end of the month.
Vicki xxx

Hi, I’m going to the young women’s forum. I’m 2 years down the line and I’m hoping to have a “pick me up” as I still get low at times. I’m looking forward to meeting people, who are all at different stages of this journey. See you soon.
Lee-Ann

Hi - I’m booked to go to the forum too and am about to start chemo - tomorrow in fact, so have no idea how I will be in the next few weeks. Sorry I can’t help you with a lift as I’m coming from Berkshire & have booked the train already.
I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone as I’ve been feeling quite isolated since diagnosis altho I do appreciate it’s difficult for others to understand. I’m hoping this will also give me a boost to get thro’ chemo and answer lots of questions.
See you at the end of the month
Janxx

Hi all I have booked for this event. I am having my last chemo before surgery on 18th jan so hope I am well enough to attend. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing all about others journeys on this tough trail. X

Hello ladies, I’m booked for this event.
I finished radiotherapy 2 months ago now and I feel really well & really positive, but still have the odd dark day and my hormones are a bit crazy which I’m learning to deal with but hoping to find some tips on in Bristol. I’m heading down by train from Birmingham on Thursday and am booked in a different hotel on Thursday evening. Good luck to all those in the midst of treatment, I’m really looking forward to meeting you all xx

Hi
I finished my radiotherapy in November and so am now treatment free having already had my chemotherapy earlier in the year. Am looking forward to meeting others who have been on this journey or are still going through it as have not talked about it much. It has just been a year of getting through it, but am feeling positive now and it is great to have some energy back.
I am travelling from north Devon if anyone needs a lift!
Claire

Hi Brightstar,
I’ll be coming from Leicester via Birmingham on the Thursday. Would you be up for travelling from Brum together?
E x

Hi Elki,
Sorry for not replying sooner, I returned to work today (eek!) and spent a very quiet weekend in preparation. Yes, very happy to travel from Brum together. Being super organised, I have already booked an advanced ticket, leaving Birmingham at 14.42. Its a lot cheaper to split the train ticket (from Birmingham anyway) and to get a ticket Birmingham to Cheltenham, Cheltenham to Bristol. I’m not staying at the Hol Inn on Thursday, I’ve found a better deal elsewhere. I also see from your profile that we work in the same sector…hmmm, I bet we have lots to chat about & I bet we’ve been to the same conferences!
I’m so IT-unsavvy that I dont know if you can personal message me from the forum…perhaps a moderator will read this and advise…? but i’m really happy to chat and discuss logistics!
Hope your chemo is going ok
x

Hi I have not received the forms yet and I do still want to attend .

i am going to be travelling from do dorset if anyone from here is going maybe we could lift share xxx
mary

Hi ther I am still interested and waiting on forms to be sent to me x

Hi I am now booked on the forum, I will be travelling from Dorset if anyone is needing a lift, I am still in the midst of treatment/surgery at the moment.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone, I don’t really talk about it much as I don’t think everyone understands, I am very positive and hope to find out lots of information.

Mary x

Hi all
i am booked on the Bristol forum too, and really looking forward to meeting others going through the same thing, as its not the same chatting to friends etc. i have just finished radiotherapy a couple of weeks ago, so enjoying my new found freedom now that chemo and radio are all done. Hurrah!
i am travelling by car from Cheltenham if anyone needs a lift. Look forward to meeting you all. X

Hello, I’m looking forward to meeting you all on next Friday. After a year of just getting through it, it will be great to be with people who’ve ‘been there, done that’. See you Friday!
Rosie

Hello everyone,
My name is Jenny and I finished my treatment last April. I am travelling by train from Westbury in Wiltshire on the Friday morning, I do have a spare room if anyone needs to break their journey and stay over the night before. I am at the present enjoying being well even if still tired on days.
Look forward to meeting you all - keep positvie if you are still having treatment.
Jenny xxx

Hello there

My name is Dulcie and I have signed up for the forum in Bristol later this week too. I am a BC novice I guess – diagnosed early November 2012 and had a mastectomy a month later. I am due to start chemo in the next couple of weeks and very anxious about it – so very glad to have the opportunity to meet with you all in Bristol. I’m coming from Oxford, probably on the train because of all the snowy weather!

Really looking forward to meeting with you all and to hearing of your experiences, either at the forum or beforehand!

See you on Friday.

Dulcie x

Hi Dulcie

look forward to meeting you, I too hadmy mastectomy late nov 12, just getting to grips with it all, I am travelling from Dorset
see you on Friday
x

mary

hello everybody

I’m booked for the forum too. I was diagnosed in Oct and went straight into chemo with surgery/rads to follow. I’ve got my appointment with the breast surgeon on 30th to discuss surgery options so am hoping the forum will help me prepare for the . appointment. Also looking forward to meeting and chatting to you all. I’ve had 3 FEC and 1st tax a week ago. Tax has hit me quite hard and I’ve not been great but am really hoping I’ll be fine by Friday. Hope others in the middle of chemo are ok to go too

dulcie - I’m probably getting the train from Oxford too. are you being treated at the Churchill?

look forward to meeting you all.

col xxx

Hello
My name is Julie and I was diagnosised in sept 2012. I have had two operations, and started chemo last week. I have been feeling very up and down about attending. I think it will do me the world of good to attend, but I am not feeling 100% in myself.

I am glad other people are posting who are also under treatment so I won’t be alone.
Look forward to seeing you all
Julie x