Have you booked a place on the Younger Women's Forum in Manchester

Hi

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Forum in Manchester but worried about going alone?

Considering booking a place but not sure?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the Forum on their own. Feedback from previous forums has said how helpful it was to talk on the Forums before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Forum. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you later in the month

Steph

Hi All. I’m attending the forum in Manchester so a little bit about me. I’m Michelle, 41 and live in Leeds (but born and bred in Manchester) I was diagnosed in April 13. I had a WLE in May followed by chemo and rads. I am now just completing my Herceptin. I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone as I’ve found that the ladies I’ve met on the forum have been amazing support through my journey and I’ve made some great friends.
I’m back at work now and doing my best to move forward.

Hi I’m Nicola 32 and I live in Selby. I was diagnosed January 2013. I has chemo first flowed by a bi-lateral mx and then Rads and finished in November 2013. I am triple negative so I don’t have to take any further meds. Will be great to meet you all and some if the ladies who are part of YBCN in the flesh. See you all soon ladies

Hope there is someone else attending other than me :frowning:

Hi Michelle

Here’s another thread about the forum:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Younger-women-and-families/Younger-Women-s-Forum-Manchester-24th-and-25th-January-2014/m-p/796508/highlight/true#M17967

Also not everyone who is going will be posting on here so please don’t worry there will be plenty of people there for you to meet up with

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi I’m Janet, I’m 43 from Cheshire and was diagnosed in June 2013. I had a left breast mastectomy and lymph node removal and cancer was found in 9 of 17 lymphs. Thankfully it hadn’t spread beyond that. I had FEC-T chemotherapy followed by radiotherapy and finished treatment 23 Dec 2013.

I am now taking Letrozole as I am post menopause following a hysterectomy 5 years ago. I am due reconstruction surgery this year and have developed lymphoedema in my left arm and hand. 

I’m looking forward to meeting other young women at the weekend xx

Hi everyone, my name is Katherine. I’m 40 and was first diagnosed in June 2012 and had a mastectomy, FECin chemo and rads. I then had a recurrence in October 2013 and had lymph node clearance but thankfully don’t need any more chemo as only 1 node was positive. I’ve not really used any of the online forums and I’ve just moved back to Manchester from Scotland so I’m really looking forward to meeting you all and sharing our experiences. Katherine

Hi all, 

I’m Zoe, 36 from York. oh God it sounds like a dating profile (farthest from my thoughts) I’m booked on the forum this weekend and I cannot wait. Looking forward to meeting my chemo buddies in the flesh, seeing some YBCN favourites and making many new friends. I was dx in Aug, had a SNB in sept and had EC &tax chemo which finished officially yeaterday (last chemo on NYE). I’m booked in for a Mx with skin sparing Expander on 4th Feb and expecting rads after. Then a DIEP flap recon to finish. Looking forward to my Jolly!!!