Have you booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Cardiff ?

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Cardiff but worried about going alone?

Considering booking a place but not sure?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the event on their own. Feedback from previous events has said how helpful it was to talk before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Younger Women Together. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you all next week

Steph

Looks like I’m first then :slight_smile:
Hi, my name is Sarah, I’m 35 and was diagnosed with breast cancer January 30th 2015. I had a 15mm lump, grade 3, triple negative. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy on Friday 13th Feb! Nodes were clear.
I started FEC chemo 17th March, I had my third one last Tuesday. I’ll be having radiotherapy after the chemo. I am hoping to get genetic testing done, but only sent the family history form last week.
Chemo has not been that bad, I have a week of feeling like I’ve got a hangover. I get a bit of a sore mouth second week and am starting to notice the tiredness now.
I’m looking forward to meeting all you lovely ladies :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m Sarah. I’m really excited to be attending the younger women together event next week! The 15 May will actually be my one year cancerversary!!! A bit about me - I’m 44, active treatment finished in January but I’m not quite back at work yet! I’m from Gloucester, so don’t have too far to travel ( I’m coming by train, which I love ? ). Looking forward to meeting you all, especially some of the girls from YBCN whom I’ve been chatting to. S x

Hi, im Debbie. 39 single mummy to my 3 year old little boy. Diagnosed a year ago and had the full works! Can’t wait for the conference! I don’t get out much! Looking forward to meeting everyone xx

Hi all!! I’m Laura, and I am 28. I was diagnosed roughly 18months ago. Really looking forward to the event and meeting everyone too :slight_smile: xx

Hi! I’m Melanie. I’m from Texas, originally. I’ve lived here for 13 years. June 2014 was when I was diagnosed. I’m 39 and just finished all my treatments 27th Feb and just 2 weeks ago was told I was considered “Cancer Free”!! Really looking forward to meeting you girls :slight_smile:

Hi All,

My name is Rachel. I am 40 years old and I live in Pembrokeshire with my husband and 2 Golden Retriever dogs.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in June 2014. Since then I have had a lumpectomy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and I will be taking Tamoxifen for the next 10 years. I finished my treatment in December and am planning to return to work early June. I have been left feeling very fatigued, which I am trying to manage as best I can.

I will be travelling to Cardiff by train on Thursday evening and I look forward to meeting you all!

Hello everyone, my name is Sam and I am 41 and I have 4 kids and I live in Yeovil in Somerset. I was diagnosed about 18 months ago, I had upfront chemo, lumpectomy which was unsuccessful and then a mastectomy. I will be travelling to Cardiff on the train Thursday afternoon and am looking forward to meeting you all :relaxed: xxx

Hello. I’m Clare and Im 41. I live near Bristol. I was dx in Jan 2015 and have had a single mx and ANC. Currently on cycle 4/6 of FEC-TH and can’t wait for it to be over!! I am also planning to travel up on thursday late afternoon. See you all then xx

Hello,

I’m Katie, 42, live in Bristol with husband and daughters, 11 & 8. Really looking forward to  the weekend but bit nervous too.  Diagnosed April 2014  - mastectomy, chemo, radio, tamoxifen.  Driving over on Friday morning. Looking forward to meeting you all x

Hi I’m Jennie from Pembrokeshire. I’m married to Kevin and mum to Tristan who’s 8. I’m heading up on Thursday on the train :smileyhappy:

I was diagnosed in March 2014, had 3 operations including 2 lumpectomies, lymphnode clearance & mastectomy - to get rid of 6cm of tumour. 6 rounds of aptly named FEC-T chemo. radio. tamoxifen and will be given 3 monthly zoladex injections in a few weeks to zap my ovaries. I have a sleeve and glove to wear for the lymphodema in my arm and hand, and regular liver scans due to concern that the cancer may have spread there. Fortunately genetic testing hasn’t shown any defect in the BRCA genes, I’m taking part in the BOCs trial to find other breast cancer gene mutations.

But most of this feels so last year :manwink: I’m really looking forward to meeting all you lovelies and glad I just scrape under the age limit at 44 xxx

Hi all, I’m Lou, dx in Nov 2014 and just got to the end of chemo (hurrah!!). Really looking forward to the Cardiff event and meeting you all (and the YBCN girls in person) x

Hi I am Rachel, diagnosed February 2014. Had 3xFEC 3xT, then had double mx and lymph node clearance on left, no reconstruction. Then BRCA1 diagnosis, then radiotherapy x 15. Then ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed. All in 2014. I was happily moving on and training for a triathlon when I found a new lump in my back Lats muscle 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately it’s my cancer back. I am having surgery to remove it May 27th. Then more chemo and prob more rads… But it’s all so new and shocking that we don’t have a full plan yet, just the surgery booked. On the up side I had a clear CT and Bone scan so it just seems to have spread / recurred fairly locally and seems to be a rare thing (oh joy!!). So I am about to get back on the treatment train and am so happy I can come to this weekend to meet others and have some fun. And find a way to cope moving forward xxx

No idea what clothes to take for Friday night? Are we supposed to dress up?

Hiya, I’m Jayne. Travelling up from London on Thursday evening and really looking forward to meeting everyone. I’m currently on my second cycle of 6 x FEC. Hope you’re all doing well… See you there.

Will wear smarter trousers and smarter top and nicer shoes but not a dress xxx

Ha, I’ve packed a couple of outfits just in case!

Me too. I have totally over packed !

Hi my name is sarah and I am 36. I was diagnosed last april and had a lumpectomy and set of lymphnodes removed 2 weeks later. After this i had 6 rounds of Fec. I was supposed to follow this with 15 sessions of radio. Unfortunately i found out that due to complications with my heart i was unable to have radio, so i made the only decision left to have a mastectomy. I chose to have a double with reconstruction, i had this in December. Since then i have found out that my biopsy on my original breast came back negative for further cancer, although my other breast was diagnosed with DCIS. So in a way i was right to choose to have both removed. Im still finding it hard to accept though. Yet feel guilty and ungrateful as shouldnt i be happy that im ok? Started tamoxifen in january…it hates me. But im here and looking forward to meeting you all. X