Having Lump Removed whats the result

Hello to you all

Found out I had Breast Cnacer a couple of weeks ago and will having my 1.9cm lump and all Lymphs removed on Thursday. I forgot to ask my team (stupid girl!!!) what kind of scarring or state my breast would be in after the op or if I would need any reconstruction surgery…now sitting here all weekend and worrying!!!

Could any of you advise?

Thanks

Sally

Hi Sally

I had WLE to remove a 16mm lump and some nodes. My lump was on the outer edge of my right breast quite high up so I was lucky to only need one incision for both … my scar is very neat and is about 4" long. I did not need any reconstruction to my breast and only have a very slight dent which not noticible. I have heard of ladies having recon after having a lump removed so it may depend on how big the lump is and where in the breast it is located.

Good luck for Thursday

I had WLE and have a scar about 5" long along centre of outside of breast.It has a 2" scar at right angles to it in the middle[joining it]this is from node sampling.The breast is smaller than the other and there is a dent but not too bad at all.Dressed the size difference isnt obvious at all.The scar is just a whitish line[op Oct 07].
Good luck for Thurs.
PS my lump was 2cm

Hi Sally

As you may have gathered it depends exactly where in your breast the lump is. Mine was on the outside of the breast so I ended up with 2 x 4 inch incisions, 1 for node clearance and 1 for WLE. Although the breast is slightly mis-shapen on the inside you can’t tell once I’m wearing my bra.

I remember what a scary place it is when you’re first diagnosed, but once you have your treatment plan in place it’s much easier. You know then what you’re dealing with etc.

Good luck and let us know how you go on.

Mal x

Dear All

Thanks so much for getting back to me. My lump is on the upper part of my breast just near my cleavage, so I am hoping s in your case it isn’t going to make a big deal of difference…I will talk to the surgeon/nurse on Thurdsay see what they say. Well I suppose there’s not I can do about it at the moment any way so will try to put to the back of my mind…It has been helpful to have this time to get use to the idea of that is happening and get my head around it but now I’m ready just to get it done and find out what I’m dealing with!!!

Some days Im feeling really strong knowing all is OK and othres like today I get so over whelmed by it all. And so many people ant to talk to you about it- which is great to know they’re caring about you but days like today you just want to hide away with a large glass of red!!!

Thanks for all your best wishes and sorry if I having been rambling!!

Love to you all
Sally

Good luck for Thurs Sally
When I had my WLE and clearance in May had two scars My lump was under and towards cleavage but scar was about3" straight across clearance( Surgeon did say he may have cut a v shape out to keep shape when joined but didn’t need to - scar only bou 2" and fading well
Best wishes

Liz

My lump was at “8 o’clock” if you looked at my right breast front on. My scar for the lumpectomy and clearance is from underneath and up around the outside of my breast so there is very little evidence of the incision at all. The only time it show is at the top by the armpit if I am wearing a vest top. Being a DD helps. The breast is slightly smaller than the other but the oedeoma keeps it well balanced

Good luck with your op

Thanks all for your replys…very reassuring.

I had to go back to get a lump on my neck checked yesterday and I am know waiting for the results…so my Op has be delayed until we know if my neck lymphs have been effected. Been told that my treatment will change if it is, with chemo first then the Op…now I am worried…I bet you can imagine all th sorts of things going on in my head! Trying to be positive but the little devil on my shoulder is shouting loud and proud!!! I think my angel has gone on holiday or has been shouted down!. I think I am going to go mad with every thing buzzing around in my head. I have been quite strong up till now. Trying to look on the bright side a least I willbe able to go on a work shop Saturday on EFT and fancy dress bbq on Sunday…not sure what to go as yet theme is films… any ideas?

See ya
Sallyx