Having my implant replaced

Hi everyone,

I had an LD reconstruction in 2007 with an implant and a port just under the boob. The port always gave me problems because it was so uncomfortabel and the surgeon has said that he can remove it or I could have a new implant put in . The present implant does not cause any discomfort but it does not look good and had lots of ripples in it.

If anyone has had an implant replaced can you let me know how your op went. Is it a big operation? Where do they make an incision to remove the old one and put the new one in? 

Would appreciate your views as I am deciding whether to have it replaced - I don’t really want to go through a huge op and am worried. I could just have the port removed but the surgeon thinks my implant should be replaced to make my reconstructed breast more comfortable and look better.

Everyone is different,however,I have had a few replacements and the old scar was used.The operations themselves were only an hour or so,and home the same day.

Hi I had revision of my implant on my mastectomy side, two days ago. The scar is remarkably small, there’s some minor bruising and I’m pleased with the result. I feel pretty good, just resting and pottering. I actually feel like I could go out for a walk today. The incision is jut under the breast, not all the way, about 5cm long.
This was my fourth op since diagnosis and I’m relieved that it’s hopefully the last op
Best wishes with your decision
Z