Head pain?

Hi everyone, would really appreciate some advice here. I’m unable to sleep due to pain in my head! I fall asleep but it soon wakes me. It’s a headachy/burning kind of pain and is located at the area I lay. So for eg if I’m on my left side it’s the whole of the left side! I don’t ever get it round the forehead or on the top of my head! This has only occurred since my hair started to fall and eventually fall out my head. I feel like my head and neck are swollen if that makes sense.
At first I thought it was my pillows so went out and bought more, then i went and bought more as they didn’t work either, trying different fillings to see if it helps…nothing has! So I would really appreciate any advice from anyone who may have experienced this and what they did to help. I’m really desperate for some sleep! I’m cycle 2 day 8 TAC.
Marie x

Hi Marie

Sorry to hear you are having pain, it’s certainly worth mentioning to your breast care team. It probably is a result though of your hair falling out, when I had chemo my head was really sore for a while and felt very tender.
Do you wear a sleep cap at night? I found this helped (plus it kept my head warm!) and a friend of mine bought me a silk pillowcase, not the cheapest item but I think they do sell them in Dunelm, but it is the most luxurious pillow case I have ever slept on and regulates your temperature etc. it’s also supposed to help with wrinkles, but it’s a bit too late to be worrying about that!
Hope you get some relief soon, do mention it to your team or GP, it may be that you need some mild sleeping tablets to help.
Best wishes
Smartie x