Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headgear- What to wear?

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Headgear- What to wear?

Then there me ! Taxatere and no hair forever!!!! so i am told.Still waiting nearly 3 years later. Cold cap is supposed to be a waste of time with tax.

Guest user
Not applicable

peacock - are you using cold cap (sorry can't remember from you other posts)

I heard tax was really responsive to cold cap, but then we hear so many different angles from different people it's so confoooooosing!

Guest user
Not applicable

Peacock, I finished my chemo last November. I had 4 x FEC and lost my hair after the first one. I then had 4 x taxotere and my hair started to grow back whilst I was on it. It was grey and patchy and first but it was hair!

Almost a year on and I have a head full of curly hair (it was straight before), and have recently had it cut for the third time.

xxx

Even with taxotere Andrea?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Coleen,
I had an assortment of scarfs. The best ones were brightly coloured cotton ones worn in a bandanna style.
Square ones are best folded into a large triangle and the 2 longests ends tied around your head and the back bit tucked in. My Nanna ( 94) gave me loads of silky ones but they came undone all the time or slipped off. Lots of people wear caps but I dont suit them. I lost my hair last Sept and from Nov onwards wore a lovely collection of wooley hats. I only wore my wig on special occasions( wasnt too keen ). I have only recently bared my 1 inch crop and my sadness at losing my hair seems a distant memory. Your hair starts growing again before you finish your chemo believe it or not so stick in there.
Best of luck with everything
love Andrea x

Headgear- What to wear?

I've heard of this american system..hair replacement device.. one can wear whilst sleeping, swimming etc; Anyone got one ? What do you think of it? Now that warmer weather should be upon us Any suggestions for coping with head coverings would ba great help for us chemo newbies.
Coleen