1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartburn

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Heartburn

Yes had anti sickness tablets. At the moment I feel a little better today. See if it lasts though x

Were you given anti sickness tablets? You need to use them for about the first 4 days then you will find it will pass. It is better to eat little and often during this time! I finished my chemo in July last year so have come out the other side and at the time it seems it is forever but you will get through it and it does reduce tumours!

Thank you for the advise. Sorry for the late reply xx

It only lasts a few days, I come out the other side of chemo on day 8 each time x

Yes I take Lansaprazole from my gp as I have bad reflux pain when I take ibuprofen so have to take this when I'm taking painkillers. If gaviscon on works then take it but if it causes a lot of pain in your middle chest going through to your back then go see your GP. Hope it gets better soon xx

That's how I am I just feel so sick but indigestion not helping. How long did you feel like this for after chemo xx

Hi

Yes you can take Gaviscon, I take it myself since my first treatment caused me horrendous acid reflux and the Ranitidine they prescribed me wouldn't stay down because of constant sickness. 

Heartburn

I am having FEC-T and I started my first chemo yesterday but now I've got terrible heartburn/ indegestion (sorry don't know the difference) can I take gaviscon