Heavy Periods during Chemo

Hi Ladies

Since I started chemo in June i’ve had a regular period each month. The latest started 11 days ago and shows no signs of stopping. I had my 4th chemo, 1st Tax,  7 days ago and am starting to come out the other side except for this blasted monster period! My onc is on holiday and the chemo nurses checked my platelets and although they were low they were ‘ok’. I’m just worried something else is going on down there!!

Has anyone experienced this? If so how long did it last? 

Thanks

Emma 

I’ve had periods too during chemo and noticed these have been very heavy. However I put it down to not being on the pill anymore, as when I’ve come off the pill in the past I’ve had heavy ones then too. But you’ve got me wondering if it’s because of chemo instead. I thought I might not have any at all as I though chemo can give menopausal effects.

It’ll be interesting to see if anyone else reponds having the same experience too.

Thanks Helm. How are things going with you?
The bcn told me today to make an ap with gp as chemo should stop periods, although my onc said everyone’s different. I’m just worried its gone on so long and to be honest its draining me :frowning:

Really? Have they said that Whiskers? Thought periods are meant to stop?! Was your onc concerned?

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear I am not the only one. I started chemo in July and had a very heavy period a week later. Then I had a long period (10 days) after my third session in August. I am kind of glad to get it because I don´t want to go in to menopause yet since I am only 38.  Nice to know I am not alone.

Xx