cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heel/foot pain after surgery

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Heel/foot pain after surgery

I don't know if this is any help, or offensive even, but when the district nurse came to see me on Friday (due to this infection I have in my breast post op) she was asking me some questions that she has to ask everyone.  The first was Had I had a fall recently... (she obviously deals mostly with geriatrics) and then asked about pressure sores, and then asked about pain in my heels.  It seems people who stay sitting for too long have a tendency to use their heels to push themselves a little more upright in their chair, and this causes pain in the heels.  So, I don't know how sedentary you have been, but is this possible?  I know from my own experience that If I lie down for too long I get horribly achey thighs, so it is rather amazing about what causes what.

Highlighted

Went to my gp no help what so ever just said keep them elevated. I can barely walk! Going back to see my surgeon on wednesday for results from my op so will have to wait and ask her. X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Den, if in doubt get it checked out! May be connected to the op. X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Den,may be worth getting some advice re this from GP in case it is connected to the op .Jill.
Highlighted

Heel/foot pain after surgery

Hi
I had my surgery last Thursday 17th had mastectomy with implant and lump removal on the other side all went well. Since Friday i have had really bad pains in my right foot heel finding it very difficult to put any weight on it had been putting ice on it and doing foot stretching exercises and then last night it feels like it starting to happen in the left foot aswell . Has anyone else had this? Xx