Hello all ..... Hope you don't mind me popping by

Hi all Im 24 years old and am very anxious at the minute and doing exactly what u shouldnt and looking on the net for more info about what could be wrong with me lol. I dont myself not to worry but its so hard just cant stop thinking what if makes it that bit harder i think 4 me as i have a 3 year old son and am single parent wanna be able to look after my boy!! I went to the doctors friday as i have has a lump (which i thought was a pot because skin was inflamed and rred so left it) 2 b honest i forgot about it and didnt think any more of it then at the start of the week i was sitting in class and something was itchy and a bit sore and i noticed there was a lump there next morning i noticed the skin was now dark and bruised it looks like … surely i cant of done this just by feeling it. Went to the doctor and he felt it wrote down lump is about 1cm in size it is on the left breast of the side of my breast he said it was hard to get hold of its not as raised to the surface as it was before more inside my skin. I am really worried i have cancer as i have a history in my dads side of a lot of cancer and my dad’s sister had breast cancer. please any help or advice wud be appreciated ooh 4got to say doctor said it may be just a cyst but it needs to be checked out so i have been referred and i have an appointment 21st december with breast care team at hospital xx

Girliegirl

You’ve done the right thing by going to the docs and have a quick appointment. The lump could be anything, but its hard not to worry. Its tempting, I know, to trawl the net for answers or reassurance but all that will do is worry you more!

Sadly you will have to brave it out for the hosp appointment, but more often than not these things turn out to be nothing to worry about. If, God forbid, its not good news, then be reassured that treatment for this disease is very effective and manageable. I’ve probably done nothing to reassure you, but we all know what its like and how worried you must be. Please let us know how it goes.

Take care

Julia xx

Hi Girliegirl85

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums. You’ve come to the right place for some good support, as the users of this site have a wealth of information between them.

I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications which you might like to read before your hospital appointment. I hope it helps.

If you have any questions at all, or would like to talk to someone in confidence then please do phone the helpline here, the staff are her to support you. Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open M-F 9-5 and Sat 9-2

Referral to a breast clinic:
breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/59/

Take care. Kind regards
Jo, Facilitator

hello Girliegirl85

I know how you are feeling at this moment in time, as I am going the through the exact same thing, when I first found my bloody discharge, I went on google, and it brought up all kinds of horrible things.

I’m still a nervous wreck at the moment myself, as I still dont know and I still have to have more tests. But since I’ve come on this site, I feel loads better knowing that Im not alone and there are people like yourself that feel the same as me.

Im sure your doctor will be right, that its a cyst. And at least you have been to your doctors and had it checked out striaght away. I also have a 3 year old boy too, called joshua and hes a right little monkey, he keeps my mind off it too.

Let us know how you get on chuck. Hugs x

Hi Girliegirl,

I’m the same, I found a lump and immediately started reading all the bad stuff on the internet and thinking the worst! Luckily I came across this forum as somewhere to vent my fears and worries. I had my hospital appointment today and they were very reassuring, once you get there you will realise that whatever the outcome there’s someone to help you through it…they certainly put my mind at ease, and I’m the worst worrier in the WORLD! The 4 weeks since I found my lump have been the strangest ever and all sorts of thoughts have gone through my mind, but speaking to professionals who deal with these things day in day out really made me feel a lot calmer.

Good news that you’re getting seen so soon, ‘not knowing’ is horrible. Good luck for your appointment and let us know how you get on xxx

Hi guys thankyou so much for the support and advice really very much appreciated. The lump I have is itching like crazy is this a symptom of anything?? Im getting really scared i know im lucky to be getting seen so quickly … it just doesnt feel very quick this week coming will be longest week of my life just wanna c someone and for them to tell me everything will be ok :frowning: xxx

Just wanted to say well done to the girls going to appointments this week. Yes it is scary but you have done the right thing. I am a lot older and I didnt have a lump but it was caught on routine screening so I was lucky.

Well done to sensible and courageous woman standing up for their health.

Good wishes to you and let us know how you get on.

Dx