Hello to everyone...

My name is Tracy and I am a cancer survivor. Diagnosed with IDC aggressive cancer in 2011 and then confirmed as BRCA 2 positive in March 2012. A cancer diagnosis has to be one of the most challenging and life changing of all life events and leaves you feeling lonely, isolated, frightened, anxious to name a but a few.; I have come back and joined BCC under the username SCARS.This stands for Stalbridge Cancer and Recovery Support and this is the support group I started just a month ago to help support anyone going through a cancer diganosis, treatment and the on-going issues as well as supporting families and friends.The reason for posting here is to offer support as a survivor to others but also to see if any members are from Stalbridge in Dorset or any of the surrounding villages who may wish to chat online rather than at the regular meetings.

I have had a long and at times very tough journey with the cancer diagnosis and could offer immense support to anyone currently feeling that they are on their own or just feeling they need the hand to hold of someone who has walked this long road.We are in this together and we can and will get through this together.

Hi Lucy

I have already posted on the Scars site. I do hope to make contact soon