Hello (wave) referral on wed

Hi,
Only found this forum today, I saw the gp on the 12th as I have a mark and redness. She referred me and I had bloods done on the 19th. I have an appointment on wed this week (25th).
The letter is very vague, just the time, day, where etc. I have talked to friends who have been round this but I know everyone is different. Really hoping this is nothing to worry about and although I am doing well in keeping my fears managed they are there.

Anyway I thought I should introduce myself etc.
I’m 38, no history on mothers side but aunt on dads side is stage 4. No children, have PCOS.

X

Hi Katie,
First of all, welcome.
Well done on getting this checked out, as you say mostly it turns out to be nothing to worry about, but it’s best the breast clinic gets to the bottom of it for you.
What usually happens is you’ll see the dr, have a breast exam & most likely, ultrasound. If it’s clear what it is, you may well know then. A mammogram &/or biopsy can be done, if it’s not clear what it is, but if this happens, it does not necessarily mean it’s bc.
If you want to, let us know what happens.
ann x

Thanks ann-m for responding and I will come back and confirm how it goes and results.
Thinking through things my mum had an early hysterectomy at about my age, I remember hearing there was a lump(?) but she died a long time ago and I don’t know if anyone knows what happened.
Also my gran (mums mum) died of a cancer, I was told she was riddled with it and she died four days after being confirmed. We were told it was in her pancreas but I remember how her breasts were very painful and red (I helped care for her). Anyway with thinking through the family history I have gotten myself more worried ?