cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

16 REPLIES 16
Candyflossie

Re: Hello

Hope you got your answers and they are good. I too had pain but it proved to be a small cancer in the duct and they could not feel a lump. All taken out last week, now waiting for histology results.

take care,

flossie

WP23

Hi

I am a little further north, I go to Carlisle Infirmary and my local hospital West Cumberland in Whitehaven.

Very good idea making a break out of it, I hope you enjoy your pampering, you deserve it.

Will hopefully start treatment soon, going to Lanzarote for 10 days on Friday before it all starts.

Take care

Wendy xx
Mel66

Hi Wendy
Which clinic did you go to? I'm referred to Lancaster. We decided to make a mini holiday out of it and are booked into the Midland Hotel in Morcambe tomorrow night for a spot of luxury and pampering before we head for the clinic on monday morning.

Hope all is going well for you with your treatment... sounds like a bit of a long haul. It's so reassuring to read people's stories on here and realise that it's possibly not quite as bleak and grim as it first appears. x

WP23

Hi Mel66,

I am also in Cumbria 🙂

Aches and pains that have been there for weeks/months some how seem a lot worse when we are going through this.

I am 46 and was diagnosed on 2nd April, had lumpectomy and SNB, waiting for treatment plan for chemotherapy, radiotherapy and Herceptin.
Hope you all get the best news when your results are in.

Wendy xx
Mel66

I'm up in Cumbria Nicky. I know what you mean about those aches and pains... I think I've had them in every area of my body (and imagined the worst) over the past couple of weeks.... along with poking on a regular basis to check the lump is still there (it is!). I've also suffered on and off for the past 10 years with a prolapsed disc.... but all of a sudden it's become something much more sinister in my head.

Roll on monday when this can all get put into a bit of perspective! x

Nickynac1

Blimey 2 bouquets of flowers, u lucky lady, me I have to buy my own!!! Lol, I'm a health care assistant in the community for a district nursing team,which I love,but sometimes know abit to much,
Every ache I feel I'm jumping to conclusions, I'm waiting to see the rheumatologist as I have aches and joint pain for over 6 months, I keep thinking is this something to do with my breast??? Makes your mind think of all things, what area do u live in? I'm in bedfordshire, sending positive thoughts to u xx
Mel66

I'm 47. No previous. No breast cancer in the family. 19 year old son (at Uni who I told on Wednesday... he's been incredibly supportive... got a lovely inter flora bouquet from him today!) Long term divorced with a fabulous supportive boyfriend (big bouquet from him the day after I went to the docs)... things could be a lot worse!

I'm sure it will be a lot easier to deal with when/if it is a 'known'... it's not knowing what's ahead and feeling like my life is in limbo that I'm finding so hard. It's impossible to deal with the unknown. I also have my own business that I would need to somehow keep running whatever the outcome but my staff have been fabulous and are really doing their best to ease the pressure... it will be tough on them if I have to go sick long term.

Think positive thoughts! Will be thinking of you on weds... x
Jo_BCC

Hi all

Live chat is open now if anyone would like to join, just follow the link

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

Jo, Moderator

Nickynac1

Hi Mel, hope you get on ok on Monday,think it must be stress, I feel so tired, even though we are trying not to think about it, it's still in the back of our mind,
Is this the first time you have experienced something like this? How old are you?
Thinking of u x
Mel66

Hi Nickynac1
I'm in a similar situation to you. Found a dimple/indentation on my breast and went to see GP, who then found a lump in the same location, last tuesday.

I'm at the Breast Clinic on monday and alternating between feeling ok and thinking it's all going to turn out to be nothing and riding the wave of terror that imagines the worst!

I've been feeling pretty unwell ever since the trip to the docs... but I think it's down to stress. I'm just mentally and emotionally exhausted by it all, as I'm sure you are too.

Judging by the many posts on here, this is completely normal and we're in good company!

Take care. x
Nickynac1

Thank you, I will let you know what happens x
Nickynac1

Thank you, I will let you know what happens x
Nickynac1

Thank you, today I feel awful, feel like I'm coming down with something, could this be stress? Roll on Wednesday, my nan had a mastectomy at 50 yrs old, and her sister had breast cancer,she only recieved chemo as she let it to late and the hospital wasn't able to save her, this is on my mums side of the family,
Haven't told my 14 yr old but told my 17 yr old, even though she hasn't spoken about it much, my husband has recently got the clear from a melonoma operation from his head, so we feel as though things are in for us at the moment, not sure if I can cope, I supported my husband and still do,
keeks

Hi nickynac1 welcome

you have done exactly the right thing going to your doctor,  unfortunately that means you are now playing the waiting game and it's hard. For many it's the most difficult time your mind plays tricks on you, with aches and pains and you spend ages poking and prodding yourself trying to find  the lump, beating yourself up for not going sooner and on and on and on.

keep yourself busy to try and distract yourself and please don't spend ages on Google  you will just freak yourself out.

most lumps are not cancer, you can see that from old posts on here, but they all worry us. it is fear of the unknown that affects us the most and if you need to get it out just post on here, we've all been there.

if you get the big wobbles give the helpline a call, they are great and quite used to us phoning in tears. There are no stupid questions, your worries are completely normal.

Take care

Keeks

SJB

Waiting for that appointment, and then going through the tests is a very scary time. It freaks us all out.

I don't think there's anything any of us can say that will put your mind at rest, because it will be doing somersaults until this is all over for you.

Only thing I want to say is that you have already done the right thing by going to your Doctor. You are now getting it identified. One way or the other, that means it will be sorted out, whatever it is. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

June_BCC

Hello Nickynac1

Welcome to the forums, this must be very difficult time for you.  I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer practical information as well as emotional support. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Nickynac1

Hello

I'm worried, went to the gp last week as I have pain in my breast, gp felt a lump, he referred me to my local hospital( breast care unit) appointment is next Wednesday....on my 46th birthday😔 friends have said to me, if you have pain that's a good sign! Is it? I couldn't actually feel the lump, I have got so many emotions going on, I had a total hysterectomy 4yrs ago, so I no it's not hormonal, I'm not taking any HRT, it would be lovely to chat to some people, on how they coped 😊