Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

3 REPLIES 3
ladybowler
Community Champion

Re: Hello

Sib

I am well.  I had my op in Oct last year year, all clear margins, had radiotherapy which finished in Jan this year.  I have been back at work doing my normal 25 hour week since February.  I am taking Tamoxifen for 5 years but it is a small price to pay to keep it away.

I do get occasional days when i get a bitof fatigue, but I literally just close my eyes for 10/15 minutes and then I am absolutely fine again.

I have been extremely lucky my cancer was caught early as a result of a mammogram and was very treatable.

Helena xxx

Sib

Thank you. How are you now?. X
ladybowler
Community Champion

Sib

Hello and welcome to this lovely forum where you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here.

Right stop and take a deep breath my dear.  Know exactly what you mean but you dont have to tell anyone or everyone until you are good and ready to when you know what you are dealing with, because at least then you know what you are dealing with and will have a treatment plan if it does turn out to be breast cancer.  I remember when I was diagnosed I actually text the people who knew I was going for the results, I said that it was good bad news, bad news was it was bc but the good news was that it was totally treatable, I was able to tell them what was going to happen and when, which I think actually helped them to deal with my diagnosis.

I know exactly what you mean, I am a very independent person, I am carer for my partner who has MS and was not able to attend any appointments with me, I had to learn to accept that I needed to let people help me, but they did this as and when i needed it and in a very gentle unobtrusive way but they always seemed to be there at the most appropriate moment.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

Sib

Hello

At a loss, found a plum sizedlump 4 weeks ago, self diagnosed hormonal issue as 50 and perI menopausal but went to doctors (convinced I was wasting their time!) No here I am 2 weeks later, first hospital consultation today and was in for 5 hours had scans mammogram, chest xray, liver scan , lump biopsy and lymph nodes biopsy and been told they are 90%sure lump is cancer! Got bone scan on Tuesday and results of all tests next Thursday!!! At a complete loss. I look after everyone I am always in control. How and what do I tell my family and my work? I am a very private independent person. Only my husband knows and he works away from home during week and will have to continue to do so as if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid . Sorry if I am rambling but I'm very sore and shocked. Not so much scared for me but for my family. I am needed I can be ill .