Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

9 REPLIES 9
Mum2fiveLi

Re: Hello

Hello Angie,
i am also new here. I have been getting extreme itching and some pain in my breast for around a week (the itching a bit longer), I was in so much paithin Thursday that my hubby took me to hospital where the dr found a lump. I've been trying to get an appointment with my GP since Thursday and finally managed today but my appointment isn't until Wednesday.
I joined this forum because I'm worried but I have had some lovely responses from the ladies on here, they're all very friendly 🙂
good luck with your appointment.
Lisa x
AngieK77

Thank you everyone x
poemsgalore

Hi Angie,
Waiting, waiting, waiting. Most of the early days are spent waiting. It is scary, as your brain goes into overdrive. Whilst waiting, please DO NOT Google, come here regularly, read the posts from those of us who have gone through the waiting period. There is a thread called 'stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)' where the ladies in waiting hang out and support each other. It will probably suit you down to the ground, as a lot of the posts are hilarious. Although I don't suppose you feel much like laughing at the moment. . Another good site for info is the Macmillan site. Wishing for a good outcome for you and sending BIG HUGS.
Take care

Poemsgalore xx
Lozzarooney1

Hi Angie
Just wanted to say that everyone on this forum is here for you. I love your pic by the way - are you really a stand up comic or was that said 'tongue in cheek?' You made me smile - so thank you for that!
The waiting is so so horrid ... that feeling of your life being in limbo. We've all been there. Hopefully you'll hear good news but if it isn't then you'll find lots of support and answers to any queries on this site and you WILL have some laughs along the way too (honest!).
Take care sweetheart - be kind to yourself and post whenever you feel like it. There is usually someone around to hear and offer support and comfort.
Do let us know how you got on.
Squishy hugs to you
Lozza xx
AngieK77

Thanks Lydia 🙂
chascat

Hi Angie
Welcome to the forum, it's a fab place and you'll get loads of support, the waiting is a horrible, horrible time. I was where you are in January 2012 and unfortunately for me it was BC but most breast lumps are benign (everyone told me that too!). Your GP has to refer you to the breast clinic, it's protocol so don't read too much into that and please don't google, stick to this site. Mungos mum is right about the speed of treatment, I had my operation less than 2 weeks after my first clinic appointment, they don't hang around, but a few years ago I also had a benign lump investigated and was told there and then on the day that it was fine, fingers crossed that will be your experience of it too. I know your head will be all over the place over the next couple of weeks, just keep talking to us.
Take care
Lydia x

AngieK77

Thanks guys, I just keep thinking that I know my luck and it is going to be cancer, don't have any family or friends, just my hubby and his family, he is as upset as me almost, don't know how I'm going to get through it tbh, but Thanks for the welcomes here 🙂
Mungos_mum

Hi Angie,
Sorry you have had to ask for support here, but have come to a great place for information, advice and support from a huge number of lovely people.
The worst thing about the whole process is the waiting and the not knowing. It is not easy, and I will suggest you keep busy, see friends, family and stay as occupied as you can, but I find it hard to keep that advice myself!
The majority of breast changes are benign, and hopefully that is what the outcome will be in your case. If it is not, you are well placed to get the medical and emotional help and support that you will need to get through the process, and they don't hang about - I had three weeks from initial consultation to operation (although I do think I filled in a cancellation!). The anxiety does lessen as you get more information about your diagnosis and a firm treatment plan, allowing you more control over what is happening.
Until your consultation, do what makes you happy, I find chocolate helps a lot!, but if you need it, come back for more support.
Best wishes, and cyber hugs,
MM
June_BCC

Hello Angiek77

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you. I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

AngieK77

Hello

Hi, I'm Angie, I'm a 35 yr old Stand up comic, found a lump yesterday after months of feeling something wasnt right and numerous doctors telling me there was nothing there. Went today and have been referred to the breast clinic on a 2 week referral. Scared and fearing the worst 😞