Hello!

Hi!
My name is Michelle, I’m 27 and Mummy to a beautiful nearly 1 year old Daughter!!!
I check my breasts regularly so when I found a lump in my left breast on Friday (26th April) I attended my GP as soon as I could get an appointment which was yesterday. Lucky for me he had 2 student doctors sitting in on his consultations. He asked my permission for them to stay which I didn’t mind, how are they supposed to learn if they don’t get to stay in the room! So I had my breasts examined by 3 doctors who all confirmed that there was a lump present. The GP said that he didn’t want to rule anything out and has referred me to clininc for further testing. Possibly an ultrasound/ mammogram and needle aspiration. I should receive my appointment within 2 weeks time.
Told my Mum and Husband who were really understanding and supportive and now just trying to remain positive and await my appointment.
I’ve set up an account on here for support and advice from others going through the same process.
Michelle

Hello Michelle
I was in your position just over a month ago and you are going through absolutely the worst part- waiting for tests /results can be terrifying. I do hope you get a positive outcome and that you get through the next 2 weeks as best you can. I found keeping busy (with lots of nice things and seeing friends) was the only way. People will say ‘don’t worry’, but that is impossible. Just remember that even if the news you get after the next stage is less positive, the support and treatment you will receive will be outstanding, and very speedy. And focus on the fact that most breast lumps are benign.
Best wishes and positive thoughts,
jackie

Thank-you for your reply. I am staying positive and if it turns out to be bad news at least I will have caught it early. I have my appointment on the 8th May at 8.45am so I will go and do the tests and then me, my husband and our daughter are skipping off somewhere for the afternoon. I WILL NOT let this lump get the better of me.
Chel x

Michelle, Would just like to wish you good luck for your appointment in two weeks time. Waiting is the hardest part of this journey, Whatever the outcome, this is the best place to be. Please don’t Google as most of the info you will find is out of date or frankly, wrong. Another good site to visit is the Macmillan site. Hoping for a good outcome for you. Many lumps turn out to be harmless and not cancer. Bear that in mind while waiting. Take care.

Sending (((BIG HUGS)))
Poemsgalore xxx