Did you mean: 

Help! CA125 raised!!

4 REPLIES 4
hope4444

Re: Help! CA125 raised!!

I think endometriosis can cause raised Ca125 xx

belinda

Hi, I know, there's always something isn't there! It is an unreliable marker, have read this many times, honest! And mine showed up, wasn't expecting them, via a routine CT so the fact you had a scan recently and it was fine...hope that's a good sign. Take care. X
Mitch23

Thanks Belinda

There always seems to be something with this disease that just drags you down! I'm on the e/e combo and that's actually proving to be difficult to manage. I've had a ct scan recently from neck to pelvis inclusive and nothing showed up. Would anything show up on a ct scan? I have a history of cysts,fibroids and endometriosis. Am fed up with the anxiety and worry xx
belinda

Hi Jo, I have had BC mets to my ovaries since 2008. Diagnosed by routine CT, no symptoms. When a treatment is working well a CT will show them as being of "normal appearance."
The CA125 markers are not always very reliable so hope you get some answers. X
Mitch23

Help! CA125 raised!!

Hi all

Have just had some blood results back that I had taken recently and am having a panic attack! My routine bloods were very good but my tumour marker for Ca125 is 199!! Does this mean I have breast cancer on my ovaries? I'm going to ring hospital tomorrow to get more info. When I went on Tuesday my onc said we have everything under control and he had these results so I don't know what to think. I have liver mets. Has anyone else had this experience? Hugs Jo x