Help -Changing Treatment - getting rid of T

Hi ladies, looking for a bit of help. I’m 70, WLE with LN excision, O+ve. I thought I was managing ok with my chemo, but apparently not! First session EC I was admitted overnight with extreme side effects - temp, swelling, breathing probs. All cleared up. Session two wiped me out and I ended up with a bacterial infection and a four day stay. Lovely Onc reduced the dosage for round three and I am managing. Disappointed that my body has let me down as I want to throw everything at it. I had an appointment last week with Onco and he is not willing to let me finish the treatment with the usual T. He deems it too harsh under the circumstances. He is researching a comparable gentler treatment to get me through.

Anyone else been in this situation?  Thanks. X

Hi Annie - you’re amazing by the way - does he not want to give you any taxanes or just not the standard 3 weekly Docetaxel?  Is the weekly Paclitaxel an option for you?  Xx

Annie hope you get sorted with your meds x what a trouper stay strong I may see you in treatment waiting to start at Freeman soon doing fec t 6 rounds xx

I had my chemo stopped early - I had 4 of the 6 I was supposed to get because my blood count went too low to continue. I had all full doses and no reductions and the doctor said I had had sufficient. I am still on the Herceptin and I had radiation too. If you have triple negative I think they try and give you more chemo but if you have other drugs to take such us Herceptin and/or tamoxifen they seem happier to stop you early.

I had all Docetaxel (with carboplatin).

Also we are both older and if women are in their 20s and 30s I think they might cope with it because they are stronger.