Help I need support!

Going crackers here. 3cm grade 3 lump and told today I’m triple negative. Is there anyone out there with some positive stories I can read as I’m so stressed and don’t know what to do.

I also have lymph node involvement.

Dear Whitfield,

Why not give our Helpline a call to talk over how you are feeling.  They’ll be able to offer you practical information as well as emotional support.  They are open now (9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays).  The number is 0808 800 6000

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

The most positive thing is that you found the lump and you have been diagnosed and that the professionals are doing their jobs, Don’t give yourself any extra stress that’s not what you need now. Your best bet is to talk to the cancer care helpline as Janet says. There is light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes the tunnel is a bit longer. Take a deep breath !!
Air Hugs and Good Luck
Nicole

Hi Whitfield, my tumour was also TN which just means not receptive to hormone or targeted therapy treatments. There are lots of other ladies on the forum and elsewhere that are TN too. I don’t know what stage you are at in your treatment but if it helps my tumour was 5.5 cm with high node involvement. I had a mastectomy and node clearance in July 2013 followed by chemotherapy then radiotherapy. I finished treatment in March this year and have been enjoying getting back to normal since then. It’s taken me a while to adjust because unlike some ladies, I decided not to work through treatment, but I’m getting there. I can honestly say I’m in a very different place to where I was this time last year. Just had my first annual mammogram which was all clear! I know exactly how you’re feeling right now but I promise you will get through it. One thing I would strongly suggest…don’t rely on what you read on random websites…their information is usually incorrect and way out of date. I’m sure others will add their comments soon but if you need any more information, or just need to chat, we’re all here for you! xx