Help for my mum

My mum had a mx 4 years ago and was fitted with an expander and then had an implant fitted. She didn’t have a great time with her operations and recovery and developed a number of very bad infections after each operation. She has since had a couple more ops to sort out the scar tissue that still causes her a lot of pain.

She is now having problems with her breathing. When ever she lift the arm on her affected side she gets very breatless. She has had tests on her heart and a number of other things and nothing has come up, so doctors have basically said that they don’t know what is causing it and she will have to live with it.

I have been wondering if it could be anything to do with all her ops and having the muscles messed around with.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi,

I am sending this back to the top in case someone comes on who will have an answer for you.

You said that your mum has had tests with no results. Has she had scans and a chest xray? I am thinking along the lines of when radiotherapy can affect the lung on the treatment side.

If no one seems able to help, do you think that your mum would be happy to speak to the trained staff on here?

Anything is worth a try.

E

E

Thanks for your reply.

Mum never had radiotherapy so not related to that. I hadn’t thought about her giving the helpline a call. I will suggest it to her. Hopefully she will call as it is causing her a lot of discomfort and making her really down.

Caroline

And another bump, in case it rings bells with anyone