Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help i have just been diagnosed with breast cancer

12 REPLIES 12
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Help i have just been diagnosed with breast cancer

Hi all
I am back home after bilateral mastectomy and doing just fine. I am feeling very positive at the moment although do keep having my moments. How are you Sandj, hope you ok. Look forward to hearing from you.
luv Angela x

ps thanks for the good wishes jojo11
Avonlea - looking back, I think that is the way to handle it. Dont think too much of it before the op. Try and occupy your mind with other things.

love to all x

JoJo11

Good luck for tomorrow Ang and Sandj. Come back and tell us how it went as soon as you can.

Jojoxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sandj

I found a great deal of support from this site, and all my questions were answered. I had WLE and 2 nodes removed both clear and clear margins, the op wasn't bad at all, I would say more comfortable than the biopsies for me! Recovery was fine, its been 1 month today in fact, I am back at the gym and horse riding again. Start rads next week and on Tamoxifen. Hope all goes well for you and you'll always get support here.
Much love
Netty x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies

I have done my surgery and it was fine- didi not feel much at all. One frined told me before the surgery- just donot think too much and do it- it was working for me..

good luck for both of you and take care

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thankyou everyone for your support , its good to know im not the only one feeling like this . Im new to using internet and not just to sure of it yet. I have not had much time to reply to everyone and not sure yet how to , but i will keep in touch and let you all know how op goes. Thank you all .x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sandj
I too am going in for surgery on thurs 2 Oct - I am also terrified and on countdown. I am having bilateral mastectomy. Perish the thought.

I find great comfort coming on this site, especially in the early hours of the morning when I cant sleep.

Good luck for thursday

luv Ang x

JoJo11

Hi Sandj,

You can talk to us on here anytime. It's a huge relief to share with people who understand so please don't feel alone. Good luck for your surgery on Thursday, and lots of hugs

Jojoxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi

Ops no where near as bad as you think and recovery is quite quick

Joanne

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I was diagnosed following routine mammogram in July this year and had WLE and 6 lymph nodes removed, and am now about to have radiotherapy. Take each step at a time - think of eating an elephant !
Angela

dotchas

Sandj

Hi there,sorry you have had to join us.If you tell us a little more about you and your story we can maybe put your mind to rest a little over what you face re surgery.
Most ladies find the surgery is nowhere near as bad as they expected.However IT IS normal to be terrified!
Hugs
Dot
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sandj

Welcome to the club none of us want to belong to. I was diagnosed with BC in July this year and have received such amazing support and help from everyone who uses these forums. I was terrified when I was diagnosed and waiting for surgery, it's a normal way to feel. You don't say what kind of surgery you'll be having but you'll find that it's not as bad as you anticipate. Please let me know if I can be of any help, if you need a chat, a moan, a shoulder to cry on - just PM me. Use these fofums for help and information - everyone is so caring and helpful.

All the best for Thursday.

Cat

Jo_BCC

Hi Sandj,

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll get lots of support from your fellow forum users who have a wealth of information between them - you are not alone here and it's only natural to feel the way you do. To try and help you I have put below links to two of BCC's publications, the resource pack which is an A5 binder which is full of useful hints, tips and information to help you through this. To order a copy just follow the link and one will be posted out to you. The other link is one of BCC publications regarding your hospital stay and what to expect. You can download this direct from your computer. If you need to speak to someone in person then please do phone BCC's helpline where there are trained staff here to help. The lines are open Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm and Sat 9am - 2pm, calls are free, 0808 800 6000. I hope this is all of some help to you.

Resource pack: http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=7514

Your operation and recovery: http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=714

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Help i have just been diagnosed with breast cancer

I go in for surgery this Thursday and i am terrified. I cant sleep for worry and i dont know of anyone who i can talk to who has gone through the same.