Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help lumpectomy or mastectomy?

1 REPLY 1
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Help lumpectomy or mastectomy?

MIllie why don't you put this question to your consultant he/she is the one to answer that for you its a hard question for anyone to answer if it were me I would ask my consultant just say the same as you have posted on here and see what they think is best op for you I have just had a Mx five weeks ago and I am fine but its up to you I jot down any questions I have and then ask my consultant when I see him to get anything I am worried about answered hope this helps you
Guest user
Not applicable

Help lumpectomy or mastectomy?

Please can you help im so confused. I was diagnosed with invasive dutal breast cancer last week. I was told a lumpectomy with a large area clearance would also be taken then radio to follow. I then had a MRI scan with results showing quite a few nodules in the breast. I cant have a biopsy on them as there not showing up on an ultrasound. I worried if i have a lumpectomy with the large area removed what if all the nodules are not removed in it and they turn out to be cancer. It only takes one to be left behind. Or do i have a mastectomy and that way whatever is there will be gone! Got rid of. The opp is booked for the 14th May, im told not to worry about making my decision till the day if i want. I'm so confused. I'm told that its unnessary surgery at this time. Can anyone help. What would you do if you was in my position.