Help me choose where to go for a weekend away!

Hi all, hope people are feeling well today. So last Christmas I was recovering from surgery and chemo and generally feeling rotten. I have just had my 1yr mammo (clear, yay!) and husband and I have decided that we will treat ourselves to a weekend away in a few weeks time. We thought it would be nice to go somewhere in Europe that will be cold and pretty and festive-feeling, we are determined to feel Christmassy this year!

So I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to go? Germany, Switzerland, Austria perhaps? Also I believe some northern European countries are very expensive when you get there, so if anyone knows where might not be too pricey that would be great. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance and best wishes all xxx

Hamburg is great, we went for four days in the summer, it has everything, old town, waterways, so much shopping, bags of atmosphere&character. Xmas market this time of year & the airport is virtually in the city. We had a fab time. Enjoy your trip! X

We have had short breaks in Cologne, Prague, Krakow and Oslo. You are guaranteed snow in Oslo if you go high enough but we found everything to be rather expensive. Prague is very pretty and has a large Christmas market, Krakow is cheap but my favourite is Cologne - close to the airport and lots of Christmas markets one of which is right next to the Dom Cathedral which has the remains of the three wise men in a golden casket - very Christmasy.